CS2 The Dark Temple

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Zoltors Inkwell

Re: CS2 The Dark Temple

Post by Zoltors Inkwell »

teaman wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:26 am
Zoltors Inkwell wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:52 pm Here is a living statue for page 21.LivingStatue.png
Applause!!!!

And you are right about capturing the angles. I've even used little statues and toys to help me from time to time.
Thanks Teaman. I do the same sometimes with toys but I get funny looks from my coworkers. :D
My personal art page.
https://www.facebook.com/MWByouk
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, getting ready to upload a new CS2. I have incorporated all the images donated thus far, except for one: Zoltor's excellent exterior view of the temple. I don't know where to put it.

We already have a color cover by John Fredericks, and I promised the title page to Lee Hammock, a local high school student; I don't think it would be right to remove either of those pieces. But I absolutely do want ZI's piece in the book.

I did consider putting it on the back side of the title page so that it faces the page numbered 1 in the final print. This would be nice, but unfortunately art pieces have a bad habit of showing through to the front of the title page.

So I guess I'm saying I'm open to suggestions. Give me a hand here, guys.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

CS2 The Dark Temple, Release 8 -- August 24, 2020
Much new artwork by Zoltors Inkwell, plus another art piece from John Fredericks, and a bunch of editing and layout by James Lemon, Al Vetter, and Chris Gonnerman has resulted in this new release of The Dark Temple. Still a long way from a print release, but this adventure collection is entirely usable right now!
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

The two cooks from The Dark Temple's The Children of Zewlac (page 8) ready to welcome new guests.
Meat & Bones.jpg
Meat & Bones.jpg (7.47 MiB) Viewed 4340 times
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

Solomoriah wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:31 pm Okay, getting ready to upload a new CS2. I have incorporated all the images donated thus far, except for one: Zoltor's excellent exterior view of the temple. I don't know where to put it.

We already have a color cover by John Fredericks, and I promised the title page to Lee Hammock, a local high school student; I don't think it would be right to remove either of those pieces. But I absolutely do want ZI's piece in the book.

I did consider putting it on the back side of the title page so that it faces the page numbered 1 in the final print. This would be nice, but unfortunately art pieces have a bad habit of showing through to the front of the title page.

So I guess I'm saying I'm open to suggestions. Give me a hand here, guys.
Pretty tough call, because that piece is brilliant. One possibility would be put it at the end, but probably before the maps because the maps need to be easy to reference for a GM flipping through. Having it at the end it would be like the temple's "parting shot".
Another possibility is to use it to break up a long stretch with sparse illustrations (what I call a "wall of words"). For that case I'd say place it between Peace and Quiet and Temple of the Seas. Maybe even a full page spread, if we do full page spreads.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hmm, that's not a bad idea. And yes, I'll do a full page when a piece deserves it.

Either between sparsely-illustrated adventures or right before the maps. Hmm.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I would lean towards the end, before the maps. Possibly in a border/frame (nothing fancy).
Zoltors Inkwell

Here is a skeleton. Saw some in the module but feel free to use it where it is needed.
Attachments
Skeleton_by_MWByouk.png
Skeleton_by_MWByouk.png (4.39 MiB) Viewed 4027 times
My personal art page.
Zoltors Inkwell

Here is Charmise on page 38. I hope this works for that NPC. Let me know what you think or if I need to change something.
Charmise_by_MWByouk.png
Charmise_by_MWByouk.png (1.56 MiB) Viewed 3995 times
My personal art page.
sean8223

Post by sean8223 »

Zoltors Inkwell wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:11 pm Here is Charmise on page 38. I hope this works for that NPC. Let me know what you think or if I need to change something.Charmise_by_MWByouk.png
Fantastic! If I had to make a suggestion, perhaps the handle of a dagger concealed in her boot? But not a big deal in any case -- thanks for the amazing drawing.