CS2 The Dark Temple

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: CS2 The Dark Temple

Post by Solomoriah »

Excellent. I'll hold off on making a decision for a little while; still playtesting and editing.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I've saved Lee's illustration to my files, as well as added it to my initial "skeleton" AA4 document.
Once you've completed playtesting feel free to swap out the title page illustrations for the next release.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Will do, thanks!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

CS2 The Dark Temple, Release 11 -- June 08, 2022
This new release includes edits by Al Vetter and Chris Gonnerman and new art by Colin Richards. This is not a print release candidate, but it is very close, so please read it over carefully and let me know if you find anything needing attention.

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#cs2
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Just a note: Presently working on CS2, doing some edits to Al's adventure which I just finished playtesting. I am expanding What's Going On significantly as I found some of it hard to sort out, and adding a few missing Deep One statblocks. It ran pretty well once I figured it all out.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

CS2 The Dark Temple, Release 12 -- August 30, 2022
After completing a playtest of Al Vetter's contribution, Temple of the Seas, updates have been made to this multimodule. Still not a print release candidate, but getting closer.

AlMan

Post by AlMan »

The Dark Temple Corrections for r12

Page 66 – 33. Lower Sanctuary – Paragraph 1
Extra word.

Currently: The doors from room 28 are a much like the doors to the Sanctuary (Room 14).

Changed to: The doors from room 28 are much like the doors to the Sanctuary (Room 14).

Page 71 – 16. Shadow Room – Paragraph 2 after boxed text.
Replace ‘is’ with ‘are’

Currently: In a small sack lying apparently discarded in a corner is 12 pp and a Potion of Fire Resistance; lying beside the sack is a Cursed Mace -2.

Changed to: In a small sack lying apparently discarded in a corner are 12 pp and a Potion of Fire Resistance; lying beside the sack is a Cursed Mace -2.

I'll put R13 in the Dropbox after posting this. (Posted to Projects folder)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

CS2 The Dark Temple, Release 13 -- September 03, 2022
Al came through with some further edits, and I've made one more flow pass over the document. I'm not entirely happy with it, but it's honestly pretty good right now so I'm going to bless this as a print release candidate. Please, let us know in the comments thread if you find anything wrong with this one!

Blorpy

Post by Blorpy »

Just did a quick pass on this:

On page 8 Brother Kindar's HD is listed, whereas on page 6, page 25 and page 27 other NPC's HD are not listed
page 22 - there is no space here between HD and number (consistency)
page 21 - Elinor should perhaps save as a normal human rather than a fighter. Up to you.
page 62, page 77 - Giant Cockroach, Treant, Red Slime, Black Pudding entries don't touch on their special abilities denoted by the asterisks.
page 71, page 73 - Yellow Mold and Rust Monster entries indicate their damage is "special" but don't elaborate. Entries should either list their abilities or indicate where GM can find this information.
page 71 - Yellow Mold saves as "Normal Man" whereas other entries are listed as NM. Not an error per se, but not consistent.

That's all for now.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Thanks! Remind me, do I credit you as "Blorpy" or if not, under what name? PM me if you don't want it here.