Equipment Emporium Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Boggo

Re: Equipment Emporium Supplement

Post by Boggo »

Solomoriah wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:39 am Suggestions for a fix?
Cog - Length:80' Width:25' Cargo:150 tons Crew:30 Movement:20’ (30’) Miles per day:25 Hardness/HitPoints:12/125 Price:20,000

Galleons at 50,000 seem a bit close to Large Galleys at 30,000 since they have more cargo and are higher tech as well as being larger (in both measured dimensions as well as being taller) they are also almost universally high on the luxurious end for captains and senior officers, I'd estimate between 60-70,000 so splitting the difference 65,000?
No matter where you go...there you are
TPFox

Post by TPFox »

Solo, ok, I will take your approach for the Core rules by pointing out bad language or errors, and sharing the problem and allowing you to decide what to do.

As for the EE book, I'd like to see a consistent writing style throughout. I am leaving comments for all my corrections with the tracker recording every move I make. I am about midway through now...
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Good. To be clear, in the Core Rules DO fix spelling errors, extra spaces, etc. Just don't rewrite anything without clearing it, since it might lurch back in the direction of the SRD and we wouldn't know it.

And go ahead with Boggo's suggestions for the boat situation, if you don't mind.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
leon

Post by leon »

TPFox wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:24 pm By the way is "subdual damage" a generic RPG expression? I'm asking because "subdual" is actually a noun and not the proper adjective form. To be correct, you would need to use "subdural-damage." However, this grammar rule is (often) broken for long established expressions and terminology in wide use which I suspect "subdual damage" is.
Core 3e uses "subduing damage". See page 48. It's fresh in my mind because my players are fascinated lately to knock out every monster they face.

It's best to use this terminology in EE so it's easy to flip to the index of the core rules and find the right page.
I solemnly swear to fulfill the game master's oath to the best of my ability and judgment.

EmptyZ Campaign Blog: emptyz.com/blog
Personal Blog: leonatkinson.com
TPFox

Post by TPFox »

Ok Solo, to your latest notes above re: Core rules and EE (the boat correction).

Leon, I'll leave the issue of subdual vs. subduing damage to Solo at this point in EE book.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

It should read the same as the Core Rules.
TPFox

Post by TPFox »

Solo,
I can alter it to "subduing damage" if you wish.

Still chugging along. Getting up to about 2/3 of the way through, but need a break. I'll continue later. after I actually do work at my job - ha ha ha :lol:
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Please do so (subduing), and thanks!
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

TPFox wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:45 pm Still chugging along. Getting up to about 2/3 of the way through, but need a break. I'll continue later. after I actually do work at my job - ha ha ha :lol:
:D
Attachments
seethefoxworkwewillwatch.gif
seethefoxworkwewillwatch.gif (18.13 MiB) Viewed 387 times
TPFox

Post by TPFox »

Thanks I needed that Chi!

I changed everything to "subduing damage," and I am up to Stock and Trading Goods. I think one more day will do it, and I'll be through. But, I need to sleep now... :ugeek: