Equipment Emporium Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
borgar

Re: Equipment Emporium Supplement

Post by borgar »

And the XCF files I have put in the project folder are not the originals. I keep untouched black & white scans elsewhere. I remove "scan spots" and do usually do some minor removal of errors in the drawings before I pass this along. And in some cases the images are composits. I should always be able to recover from the originals, or at least to something very close. Just let me know if you need this.

BTW, the images have not been drawn in any sort of consistent size so some may very well be on the small side. I certainly don't expect you to use them all, especially not if they are too small to look good.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Generally, if you can arrange it so the image is 975 pixels wide (after we remove excess white space), they will be big enough to use.

Glad to know you are both practicing safe image editing. You just had me worried...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
borgar

Post by borgar »

Is there any type of (relatively simple) drawings that you think should be added to EE? I'm certainly willing to attempt some. I sort of stopped because hit the roof on my (current) skill level and didn't want to just draw dozens of axes and swords.

BTW, I didn't stop drawing for myself though. I found this really enjoyable so I'm currently attempting to advance to "2nd level" :D. I have watched several hours of youtube videos and I'm currently waiting on some books on pen and ink drawing from Amazon.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I was gonna add the existing images, but Solo wanted to move one of the sections around, and when I tried adding them anyways it was really breaking the flow/layout so I didn't complete it. I didn't know if it'd be ok to at least post a zip of the current PNGs so people could at least see what's been illustrated so far...
borgar

Post by borgar »

chiisu81 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:18 am I was gonna add the existing images, but Solo wanted to move one of the sections around, and when I tried adding them anyways it was really breaking the flow/layout so I didn't complete it. I didn't know if it'd be ok to at least post a zip of the current PNGs so people could at least see what's been illustrated so far...
That's ok by me.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Sorry I'm not making much progress on this. I work in bursts, which is more my nature than my policy, and right now my focus is on things in other parts of my life. I will get back to this... the art I've received for EE is sitting in my inbox, staring at me, reminding me of my obligations...
borgar

Post by borgar »

No reason to rush for my part. I have quite limited time available for my hobbies as well due to work and family obligations.

I suspect that unsynchronized burts of work from the contributors is more the norm than the exception for BF stuff.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm pushing R13 to the server now. I've used about half of Borgar's artwork so far; I may work some more in, but it will require breaking and rebuilding the flow a few times to do so. John's "Encumbrance" makes for a really nice title page image. It would be nice to have a page-spanning piece for the Introduction, since there's a lot of white space there... maybe someone would like to draw a scene in a shop?

I never commission artwork, but I have this image in my mind of a group of four adventurers (the main classes) in line to check out; the person at the check stand has an abacus at the ready, the fighter has an armload of swords and axes, the wizard is behind him with several items of general equipment, the thief behind the wizard, picking his pocket, and the cleric in the back about to tap on the thief's shoulder and call him out. (Note that any of the "hims" could be "hers" as imagined by the artist.)

The text needs some help. There are a lot of places (I fixed what I found, but I'm sure there are more) where two sentences are pasted together without connective words or punctuation. We need to read all the text and fix the awkward bits. I'd be more than happy to have several people take a look at this before R14, but maybe in sequence. I seem to remember Al said he was available again... maybe you could take a look, Chi, and then pass your edited copy to him? If he's not available, I'll back you up.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Yep, I can give it another read-through soon and pass it on to you or Al.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Just let me know where I can pick it up and I'll give it another go over. :D