[IF] Fanghull

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
rredmond

Re: DMaster's IF Project

Post by rredmond »

Nothing personal. Just wasn’t a workshop thread yet, and there’s only a map and paragraph or two. Heading to a case now and can share it later.
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Dmasterdad

Post by Dmasterdad »

It was mostly corrections. Maybe he did not want to do that publicly, which anyone can because it will be happening a lot lol.

I will be throwing ideas around when i get to my pc and look forward to any feedback.
Dmasterdad

Post by Dmasterdad »

So, first let me give a little backstory.
Fanghull was a castle built thousands of years ago by a pact of men, dwarves and elves to battle a mighty dragon. The pact was victorious, but over the course of time the castle was abandoned and fell to ruin, leaving only the dungeon.

But, the dungeon is not the main purpose of Fanghull. Fanghull's purpose in my game was to create "gates" between different planes and worlds. For reasons unknown, the ruins beneath Fanghull were warped and began to change. Rooms and tunnels disappear, and are replaced with new ones, sometimes from another world or even time. This phenomena has spread, and pockets of warped dungeons began popping up all over different areas with all different locations in them(ex. one room can be a dwarven hall, the next can be a human king's crypt). This gives me an excuse(legit reason :lol: ) to have gonzo funhouse style dungeons in my game)

When i first started this project, i wanted to do the castle ruins. But it is very large and i did not want to "dumb it down" so now my idea is to have this adventure as just a random dungeon that was created by the Fanghull phenomena that players can discover and figure out its quirks. I can really use some ideas on how to make the rooms different and really stand out as to give players the feeling of "This does not feel right". Of course, throughout the course of the dungeon ,players will discover gates and portals to different locations.

I do not want to ramble on and make this to long. If anyone has feedback, even negative please let me hear it. And of course any ideas are welcome.
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Here you go. I can still help when you need. :)
rredmond wrote:Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:23 am
Dmasterdad wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:24 pm Think i just did it!
I know you only have really just begun, and there isn't much there yet, but I wanted to share my thoughts on the excellent beginnings. Really an intriguing start!

Map has a dark black border on only two sides?
Introduction: millennia needs a second "n" :)
1. Hall of Kings: needs a space between "1." and "Hall" and a space after "stonework";
I dig the way you capitalize the races and their derivatives: Dwarf, Dwarven, etc. Will that be throughout the work? Will you do the same for Human? :D

Be well!
--Ron--
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Dmasterdad

Post by Dmasterdad »

Thanks again redmond, i am sure i will be needing it.
Dmasterdad

Post by Dmasterdad »

Silly question: How do i number rooms in Mapmatic 2?
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Solomoriah wrote: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:16 pm In the text field add a number like this:

The pound sign will be removed automatically.
Dmasterdad

Post by Dmasterdad »

Thank you.
Dmasterdad

Post by Dmasterdad »

linked r3 to the top of the thread. I finished the map(for now) and keyed a couple of rooms.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Tripped over my copy of this today, and wondered whatever happened to it. Turns out, nothing happened... :(

So I took a look at the map and key, cleaned up both (making some judicious changes to the map along the way) and uploaded a revised R5 to the first post in the thread. Dmasterdad, are you still interested in this?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org