The Village of Brebury

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Gilliadson

The Village of Brebury

Post by Gilliadson »

Here is the starting village for my Egion Campaign. The prices of goods in the shops here may not match those in the core book or Equipment Emporium.
Attachments
Village-of-Brebury-r4.pdf
(1.82 MiB) Downloaded 339 times
Village-of-Brebury-r4.odt
(5.41 MiB) Downloaded 273 times
Last edited by Gilliadson on Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ThorinSchmidt

Re: The Village of Brebury

Post by ThorinSchmidt »

That's a lovely village. I like the map too. It seems to be a very wealthy village. which is not a criticism, just an observation. I would expect this is a stop on a couple trade routes or something. definitely a stop-off for adventurers. Your establishment names are... quite unique and memorable. 8-)

The one thing I would LOVE to see though, is a rendition of the sign for the Inn. Given that signs were predominately pictorial in nature, Inns especially. I HAVE to see what " The Cozy Purple Worm Boarding House" would look like! I'm serious! When I read that name I just stopped for a minute trying to figure out how that would be rendered.

maybe some of our resident artists could come up with something.
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" – Thorin
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Very nice! 8-) Yes artworks of various signs would be cool to see. Here's r2; mainly pasted content into standard template, corrected a few things, and I darkened the map image a bit.
Attachments
Village-of-Brebury-r2.pdf
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 340 times
Village-of-Brebury-r2.odt
(3.24 MiB) Downloaded 308 times
Sir Daggerford

Post by Sir Daggerford »

Fantastic material here. I believe I'll utilize it in a campaign that I'm currently running.

Seconding what Thorin said, I would also be interested in seeing a rendition of the Inn's sign. I think it would be quite entertaining.
"Hide behind the mound of dead Bards!" -Flynn the Fine, Gamers: Dorkness Rising

An ex-parrot pining for the fjords, of course!
Gilliadson

Post by Gilliadson »

I'm not much of an artist beyond rendering CGArt as per the pics I put in the artwork section here. As far as levels and number of characters... it's not an adventure just a setting for adventures to start from any size parties and any levels will work here. As far as artists here making images for the signs I would more than welcome them. I will also be filling in information and possible renders of some of the more prominent townsfolk like the Mayor and Capt of the guard maybe even some of the shop owners as my Muse dictates.
Gilliadson

Post by Gilliadson »

R3 uploaded... Changed the name of the Cozy Purple Worm Boarding house to the Cozy Purple Worm Inn. Added an item to the menu of same. Added the first portrait of the Prominent Citizens. Thinking of putting the portraits and shop signs in with the shop listings rather than at the end.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Gilliadson

Post by Gilliadson »

Working on R4 now with the pic of Raul added and some error corrections. Also going to add stats for the NPCs listed as well as a section for some locations of note like the Mayor's Mansion. Added Ed's sign for the Crazy Unicorn. Will upload it after I get some more artwork in it.
Gilliadson

Post by Gilliadson »

R4 is up because I discovered that the map was not showing up in R3. Still looking for more artwork for the businesses and still have plans to make more portraits of prominent citizens. Otherwise the rest is good.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Just a comment, since you asked for art... as of right now, this is not an "official" publication. It's too short to print (really needs to be 40 pages or so) and includes color interior artwork, both things that would keep it from becoming official. If you would like to see it as an official publication, you'll have to either expand it substantially as a village or add adventure materials (dungeons, encounters, etc.) to fill it out.

This is not a big deal either way, but as you've requested artwork, I need to make sure that any artist who submits work to you knows that it's not an official project (not yet, anyway) and thus is not governed by our usual terms. You'll need to either indicate your intent to publish this as an official project (and your strategy for doing so) or indicate your terms for any prospective artists.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

... just noticed that Unbaronable Circumstances is also yours. If Brebury is in the same general area, you could combine them, resulting in a work about 13 pages longer than this one. That's over halfway to printing size; one or two additional short adventures would get you to print size. Then we'd just need to work out the illustrations, and it could become another official publication!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org