Character Record Book

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Gilliadson

Character Record Book

Post by Gilliadson »

Here is a Character Record book inspired by 1st edition AD&D Permanent Character Record for your consideration. Form fillable version is now available.

https://www.basicfantasy.org/showcase.cgi?sid=171
Last edited by Gilliadson on Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gilliadson

Re: Character Record Book

Post by Gilliadson »

I noticed a few downloads so what do you guys think? Is it missing anything that you would like to see? Layout look ok? as far as getting the form fillable part working I'm having to turn to an online resource since my PDF editor keeps crashing when I try to add fields now. Must not be compatible with Win 10. Tried to make the fields in Libra Office but they don't line up properly. Right now I just want to make sure it's good to go before I put too much time into adding the fields.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

At the bottom you need to change the text, right now it looks like you're saying the BFRPG game is copyright by you. Change "BFRPG" to "BFRPG Character Record Book".
orobouros

Post by orobouros »

For me (linux, libreoffice) the formatting seems strange. Post the pdfs first for content (constructive) criticism. The odt is great for later when others may need to adapt it. Or put out both, but pdfs are generally a more reliable way to share a document that's unlikely to need editing.
Gilliadson

Post by Gilliadson »

Made the requested change and added the pdf to the OP
Gilliadson

Post by Gilliadson »

Added a cover page, final notes and a little more spacing on a couple of pages. Solo you can add it to the downloads or showcase if you feel it is acceptable. On vacation right now so will take some time to work on the form fillable version this next week.
Gilliadson

Post by Gilliadson »

R2 is now up with the Form fillable PDF.
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

Looks good, I am going to have my players fill this out for their characters in my current campaign.
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
Gilliadson

Post by Gilliadson »

Nekron99 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:40 pm Looks good, I am going to have my players fill this out for their characters in my current campaign.
Thanks
Gilliadson

Post by Gilliadson »

If there are no other suggestions here then I will consider this project complete. Solo if you would like to add this to either the showcase or the Downloads page that would be great unless you see something that needs to be fixed first. Thanks!