Playing God

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
ThorinSchmidt

Playing God

Post Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:57 pm

So, after being asked by gamers personally, and by seeing a thread about it, I decided to create a document describing how to create a pantheon for gaming. It is only a few pages long, but I'm hopeful it will help people. Please read it and feel free to offer suggestions how to improve it.
Attachments
Playing_god.pdf
(95.82 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Playing_god.odt
(37.61 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" – Thorin
chiisu81

Re: Playing God

Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:48 am

An interesting take and supplement, and easy to implement as well as customize! 8-) I edited a few small things, here's r2.
Attachments
BFRPG-Playing-God-r2.pdf
(86.47 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
BFRPG-Playing-God-r2.odt
(31.78 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Sir Daggerford

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:09 am

I appreciate how practical and concise this guide is. I also like the idea of creating a elementalism-themed pantheon. It seems that almost all of the campaigns I've ever played in have had a pantheon loosely based on either Greek or Norse deities, and I've gotten quite tired of those models at this point. Something entirely different would be a welcome change.
"Hide behind the mound of dead Bards!" -Flynn the Fine, Gamers: Dorkness Rising

An ex-parrot pining for the fjords, of course!
ThorinSchmidt

Post Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:27 am

Thank you! I actually need to add a few more things to the "add-on" section. And also a few other sample gods. Not a complete pantheon, mind you, just a few examples to get ideas flowing.
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" – Thorin