Project I Have Been Working On

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
mooflaghero

Project I Have Been Working On

Post by mooflaghero »

Hey Everyone,

https://github.com/tyberious-1/Leaflet

This is a project I have been working on that is in alpha and was hoping to get some feedback. Here is the link to the github page for a virtual GM screen for use with the Basic Fantasy Role Playing Game. The project is written in python3 and sqlite3. Some knowledge of python is required to run the project at this point(executable to come later). Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to contribute @ copperdragonsoftware@tutamail.com

CuDragon
chiisu81

Re: Project I Have Been Working On

Post by chiisu81 »

Assuming this is still a work in progress:
On the Monster tab, choosing anything gets me this error:
xception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\lib\tkinter\__init__.py", line 1702, in __call__
return self.func(*args)
File "C:\Users\myusername\Desktop\Leaflet-master\leaflet.py", line 148, in _monsterButton
for row in monster.monsterStatList:
AttributeError: 'genMonsterStats' object has no attribute 'monsterStatList'
Also, on your GitHub I don't think you need a sep. OGL folder; just put the license in the root/top directory, and also change it from DOC to plain-text to make it more accessible, smaller size, etc.

Otherwise I like what you have so far, and like to see it continue. As someone interested in more Python programming and basic tkinter I'm happy to see something open-source I can look over.
mooflaghero

Re: Project I Have Been Working On

Post by mooflaghero »

Hey chiisu81,

Thanks for checking out my project. I really appreciate the feedback. The project is in very early alpha stages. The error message you are getting on the monster tab is currently what I am working. Once all the monsters are added to the database I will finishing writing the code that out puts there stats to that tab.

Thanks,
CuDragon