Dungeoneer Upgrade Plans

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: Dungeoneer Upgrade Plans

Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:46 am

Moved to Workshop.

Up to Boglin. Not sure why I didn't notice this before, but Boglin having HD 1 to 5 is just....no. Why would a magic-wielding goblin have even more HD than a goblin, and that's its minimum... I'm keen to just have it set to 1*.

Solo: also added file on Github as a proposed new file for the Dungeoneer repository(?). It's all still pretty freakin new for me, but I'm trying to learn. :D Assuming it's correct and goes through, once I complete more work I'll both upload here as well as the new file on Github.

Edit: actually working from my own fork of Dungeoneer on GitHub
Attachments
MonstersFG1.zip
(4.67 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:55 pm

I wondered about their hit dice as well, but haven't really given it much thought.

When we have a working FG1 monsters file, I'll integrate it into the dungeon stocker with an option to turn it on or off (for those who do or do not want to use it).

... wonder if we should implement categories, so you can check "undead" or "Nazgoreans" or whatever ...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
SmootRK

Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:21 pm

Boglins have MU use at 2x their listed HD.... ie 1 HD boglin = level 2 MU, a 2 HD boglin = level 4. The thinking was d4x2 (from MU) but trying to keep simple whole HD numbers.

So, they had 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 HD, and their magic use went from level 2 thru 10 commensurate with the HD (x2).

That said, it could be changed. It could be d4 or 1/2HD type and up to 10 such hd, and Magic Use equivalent to the listed hd and it would still fit the concept I had going on when I made these.
chiisu81

Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:16 am

Ok I'll enter it as-is and keep working on the file.
chiisu81

Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:01 am

Also working on the other Dungeoneer files: https://github.com/chiisu81/Dungeoneer

Can do a pull request when finished. I updated all the coin naming to lower-case to match the style guide. The other main thing I'm looking through the code for, is in the dungeon room generator for HP checkboxes it puts "HP" on every line, rather than just the first line as is the norm as well as what's generated on the HP checkbox page.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:57 pm

Yeah, that is kinda ugly...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:13 pm

I'm still combing through the codebase to learn what all does what, so I'm being conservative with editing until I grok it. Of course when finished and send back to you you'll be able to compare, etc. through GitHub. Before then I may just download a local copy and test on a "local webpage".
chiisu81

Post Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:54 am

Still (slowly) working on FG1monsters.py while juggling a few other writing and editing items.