The Stone Lord

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Jeff Wrbelis

The Stone Lord

Post Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:23 pm

Howdy folks; adding an old module I've updated, now with pics and maps. C&C wanted. If ya run it, let me know how it turned out.
Attachments
JW1-The-Stone-Lord-r3.odt
(3.2 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
JW1-The-Stone-Lord-r3.pdf
(2.27 MiB) Downloaded 18 times
chiisu81

Re: The Stone Lord

Post Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:35 am

Wow :shock: It's gonna take me a bit to really dig into this, but I have a few questions after looking it over:
  • The filename says "FINAL", but in the beginning you note that you're still converting it over to Basic Fantasy RPG. So would it be appropriate to consider this an "r1" release, as we tend to use?
  • If you're intending to release this on our site for Basic Fantasy RPG, then it does need to have the OGL license attached. Do you intend to, and are you ok with, having your text Open Content?
  • Related to above: is all the artwork by you? If so it would be Product Identity, not Open Content like the text.
  • While you're working on converting this to the Basic Fantasy RPG or after your initial work is completed, any objection if I take your work and put it into the standard format/template we use (and that includes the OGL license)?
I like to point out spelling mistakes and post GIFs.
Adventure & Supplement Templates | Style Guide
My works on Showcase
Jeff Wrbelis

Post Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:38 pm

All the artwork/maps except the Galeb Durh is mine (threw that in for quick ref, by all means remove it...I can draw a rock critter up on my own). I consider the rest OGL and yes, fix it up as needed. I'll leave it r.1 for changes needed, and may come back in and add some more encounter areas or other additions. For the most part I made this vs as usable as possible (he lost a lot of 'umph' being limited to 6th ievel spells, but it is what it is.) I hope folks enjoy it. Also, it has yet to be tested in BFR, so any suggestions on better level/pc # suggestions in appreciated.
chiisu81

Post Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:42 pm

Sounds good! I'll begin working on putting it into the BFRPG template tomorrow.
My works on Showcase
Jeff Wrbelis

Post Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:17 pm

chiisu81 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:42 pm
Sounds good! I'll begin working on putting it into the BFRPG template tomorrow.
Thanks!
chiisu81

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:54 am

Happy to help 8-) Yes please re-draw the Galeb Durh at your convenience and post here and/or PM me when that's done.

I've started work on putting the adventure into the BFRPG template. Depending on how long that takes, I'll either post that completed work here as r1, and then go through for initial editing for r2, or will be able to do a first read-through and initial edits for r1.
My works on Showcase
chiisu81

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:05 pm

Here's r1 in the Basic Fantasy RPG format. I did a quick read-through and edit of things that stood out to me. The biggest thing to get re-written are the stat-blocks, and when those are done we can put in the HP checkboxes.
My works on Showcase
Jeff Wrbelis

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:53 pm

:D
Jeff Wrbelis

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:45 pm

Here's a Galeb I worked up in Photoshop, should fit the bill
Attachments
Gale Durh.jpg
Gale Durh.jpg (113.62 KiB) Viewed 366 times
Jeff Wrbelis

Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:44 am

For area 'E' of the bugbear lair, an image of a Stone wolf and its statistics:

Stone Wolf (Construct)

Armor Class: 20
Hit Dice: 5 HD (+5 hp)
No. of Attacks: 1 bite, pounce (Melee +5)
Damage: 2d4
Movement: 30'
No. Appearing: 1d4
Save As: Fighter 6 (Immune to non-magic weapons, Spell immunities)
Morale: 12
Treasure Type: None
XP: 540

Stone Wolves are animated statues that obey simple commands (Guard, patrol, etc). They are tireless creatures that will pursue enemies until destroyed or the creature leaves an area they are assigned to protect. Their initial attack is a pounce (with normal surprise bonuses if applicable). Foes hit by the pounce suffer normal damage and must save vs petrification or be pinned by the wolf’s massive weight and take 1d8 damage automatically each round until a successful save is made (in addition to being subject to bite attacks). Stone wolves will attack pinned characters to the exclusion of others until the pinned victim is dead. As constructs, Stone wolves are immune to sleep, hold, charm, and all cold- or paralysis-based spells. They suffer half or no damage from fire- or electricity-based spells, depending upon whether they successfully save vs. spell. A stone to flesh spell makes them vulnerable to normal weapons. Stone Wolves that have sat idle for many hundreds of years are often difficult to detect (a moss covered stone wolf in a jungle setting, for example) until they attack and are indistinguishable from real statues.
Attachments
Stonewolf.jpg
Stonewolf.jpg (81.9 KiB) Viewed 355 times