Mystic Gunman Class Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
LycanFX

Mystic Gunman Class Supplement

Post by LycanFX »

This is my first attempt at making a character class. I would like anyone's honest opinion on this so it can be improved for the better in the long run. I tried to balance this out as best I could but as this is my first time making a character class I doubt I did that good of a job. This also has a list of new weapons and the their missile ranges that work with this class. I look forward to all criticisms.

Also if anyone is willing to do the proofing that'll help in the long run.

Update 1: Added a pdf version and deleted blank page from the .odt.

Update 2: The person I currently have play test this did "Fan the Hammer" against multiple enemies. guess what got nerf'd. Me and the player agreed it was for the best. He also suggested the new ability in R3.

Release 2: Made formatting corrections and fixed issues with OGL page.
Release 3: Added a new ability. Clarified and Nerf'd old ones. Added "Enchant Rounds Per Hour" to level table to determine how many bullet/shells can be enchanted in a hours time by level.
Attachments
BF-Mystic-Guman-Supplement-r3.pdf
Release 3: Added a new ability. Clarified and Nerf'd old ones. Added "Enchant Rounds Per Hour" to level table to determine how many bullet/shells can be enchanted in a hours time by level.
(234.16 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
BF-Mystic-Guman-Supplement-r3.odt
(214.42 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
Last edited by LycanFX on Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
chiisu81

Re: Mystic Gunman Supplement

Post by chiisu81 »

Looks good! I often get a blank page at the end of a document (ie after the OGL) often in LibreOffice, I'm not sure what causes it. Sometimes I have to highlight the OGL text, re-size it up or down quite a bit, and then back to its original size, and the blank page is then gone.

Only a few small things I see:
1. Place the cursor in front of "New Equipment" at the bottom left of the first page and click Insert > Page Break.
2. In the table for the new weapons, I'm not sure if you need "New Weapons" when you have the "New Equipment" header above it and "Mystic Arms" below it. I'd just delete "New Weapons" and put "Mystic Arms" in-line with the other table column headers.
3. Regarding the column headers, make it part of the table (ie with a line above it). You can do this easily by putting the cursor in the cell for "Mystic Rifle" and click Table > Insert > Row Above. Then cut+paste those items into the new cell, and then delete the empty space that will then be above the table.
4. On the OGL page, both at the beginning and at the end, replace "Title Here" with "Mystic Gunman".
LycanFX

Post by LycanFX »

Thank you, I'll get to work on those and post it when I get a chance. I actually just got done GMing the first session with one of my players play testing this out for me. It works for him since we got a bit of Germanic folklore in the setting and I picture this class as a mix between the folklore "Freischütz" and a bit of "Weird West Fantasy"

Btw when uploading these should I just delete the old versions to replace them or should I just keep them and have a update number in the description?
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Replace the attachments in your first post. Name it "BF-Mystic-Guman-Supplement-r2". Be sure to bump up the release number at the top of your first page as well.
LycanFX

Re: Mystic Gunman Supplement R2

Post by LycanFX »

Release 2: Made formatting corrections and fixed issues with OGL page. Thank you very much for pointing out those mistakes chiisu81.
LycanFX

Re: Mystic Gunman Supplement R3

Post by LycanFX »

I just added the third release.

My player testing this seems to enjoy it. He just wishes he had new dice.