The Baroness of Blood

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
GM Parseth

Re: Module ideas

Post by GM Parseth »

Tweaked the map, edited the rivers and a few other areas and hopefully it's a little easier to read. I want stylized text for it to make it, well, cool looking. Now, I don't want the hex map to be the finalized map, just a good basis for the overall adventuring site and I hope that soon I can get someone with skill to sketch up a far better map.

So far in my outline I have four main quests and a fluctuating number of mini quests but I'm focusing hard on the main four, each having a strong tie to horror: Ghosts, Werewolves, Witches, Golems, Cruel Fey and Undead/Vampires. If done right the party should be quite scared because everything is going back to basic terror, Hammer Horror and Golden Age Horror with strong splashes of 80's/90's twists. No sparkles or anyone giving interviews and none of these can be described as friendly or kooky.

My only major issue is how big to make the final "dungeon". Right now I have around 30 locations for it but they are just ideas (I'll need to connect them and maybe have a mini quest to drive the players on to explore it) but I'm thinking maybe 30 is good and just fill in where absolutely needed. Don't want to burn out on it right now.

Also, Vampiric Cats, Vermin Golems and Werehorses.

SEE PAGE 1 FOR MAP
Last edited by GM Parseth on Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Working on - The Fallen City & The Baroness of Blood
GM Parseth

Post by GM Parseth »

Alright, still hard at work with The Baroness of Blood and I have 2 pdfs to share. These are "alpha stage" to the letter, nothing is set in stone but I hope that people both enjoy what is in them (though neither is complete) and also willing to critique and offer ideas/suggestions. The first PDF will show information about the setting (the Barony of Corbsavie) and give insight into the style of game one can expect and ends with 4 new magic items that will play strong roles for the party. The second PDF details the BBEG and a number of new monsters but is not complete as new monsters are still being worked on by me and one can expect a small number of "lesser villains" to be found throughout the adventure (going for 4 lesser villains at the moment, might get slimmed to 3 depending on things).

SEE PAGE 1 FOR PDFS

And while I'm thinking about it, we may want to move this to the Workshop section of the forum, correct?
Last edited by GM Parseth on Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Moved to Workshop. Parseth, you'll want to post your work to the first post of the thread per our norm.
GM Parseth

Post by GM Parseth »

Will do in just a short bit! And thank you Chii.
GM Parseth

Re: The Baroness of Blood

Post by GM Parseth »

Oh boy, I'm rereading my pdfs I posted up a bit ago and woosh! Lots of small errors and even a paragraph that just ends abruptly mid-sentence. Eep.

I'm away from my computer but will be updating these ASAP when I get home.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I thought I sensed something amiss :D
Attachments
EditingUrgeRising.gif
EditingUrgeRising.gif (497.69 KiB) Viewed 6125 times
GM Parseth

Post by GM Parseth »

Well, I had two dungeons for the module done and my external hard drive that had my files on it broke so now I need to remake them. This time I'll be making multiple saves now (one on my computer and one on my hard drive) for the duration of the project I do believe. On the plus side once my first dungeon is prepped I'll be having my group irl give it a go and see how things go.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

If you uploaded your works-in-progress to the forum, you'd have backups. Also, Chi would probably jump in and do an edit-and-layout pass... he's always on call. :D
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

GM Parseth

Post by GM Parseth »

Work is progressing slowly, things came up in real life but I'm now free to focus in once more. Only had a chance to run one of the dungeons partially due to a party wipe so I'm going to have to either figure out if it was too much or if the party was just being a little too gun-ho. In any case should have an update soonish.