The Baroness of Blood

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Module ideas

Post by Solomoriah »

Well, then... make it so!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Kelthrax

Post by Kelthrax »

Neat idea! Look at Mordheim and Frostgrave for ideas as well, they’re not RPGs technically but should help spark some adventuring concepts.
GM Parseth

Post by GM Parseth »

I've decided to restructure and rejigger my plans for modules going forward. So far I have 4 ideas in the tank.

1 - The Fallen City - A city that has fallen to the onslaught of chaotic monsters, cultists and other baddies. Only the docks remain under civilized control thanks to the work of a previous adventuring band. But with the adventurers now missing the threat of the monsters is on the rise once more. What happened to these adventurers and can the city ever be fully reclaimed? (A mega-adventure module)

2 - The Baroness of Blood - The poor folk of the Barony of Vechi live in constant fear and terror. Werewolves, ghouls, ghosts and more. But the most terrifying beast is the one living in the castle, Zaleria Beatrice Karlene Corbsavie, the Vampire Baroness! (Setting with numerous adventure sites)

3 - Tower of Tarl - No one has seen the local alchemist Tarl in nearly two weeks. Without his balms many in the village will suffer from the local Grey Fever. The mayor has requested the party to travel to the tower and learn what is wrong. (Simple starter adventure that will have a large hook at the end for the GM to spin to make their own adventure after running this one)

4 - Snow Globes - Working title and little more than a simple idea with inspiration drawn from a major motion picture involving going deeper into peoples dreams but instead of dreams they must go deeper into snow globes.

Would love any ideas or twists or even monsters/allies/treasure for any of these. And these are no more than rough outlines right now so just a heads up on that.
Working on - The Fallen City & The Baroness of Blood
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Not sure about #4, but if you want my advice, merge #3 as the beginning of #2. They seem to fit, and with the Tower as the intro to the setting you'd have a really nice book.

I look forward to seeing it! You know that, to fully benefit from the Basic Fantasy Project, you need to release early and often in the Workshop so we can help you make it awesome. It's not just the authors here who create the great stuff we publish, it's the community.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
GM Parseth

Post by GM Parseth »

Well, #4 is pure concept right now, nothing concrete at all about it. The merging of #2 and #3 though seems like a good idea though! I may have to run with that! I'll get back to this thread soon, I'm setting things down in little notebook at the moment while I work on the concepts.
GM Parseth

Post by GM Parseth »

Alright, I have location names and even a simple map drawn up. Nothing more than that really but I'm focusing on a village, a small town, the castle of the Baroness and 5 locations around these main spots. Going to have 3 "main" quests (get McGuffins 1 & 2, find the hidden path, defeat the Baroness) and around 10 "side" quests (what happened to Tarl in his Tower; rescue the missing child; recover the holy artifact for the church; put the ghosts to rest; what is up with these creepy dolls; why is the mayor acting so oddly; are the howls in the night just wolves; the masked ball if happening and the players [for some reason] have gotten an invitation; the old fisherman has been murdered, his back snapped in half; what is happening in the abandoned temple at night that people are seeing lights in it).

I've also started writing stats for the Baroness, she'll be a modified vampire but one I hope will make players (and GMs) shiver with fright from :lol:
GM Parseth

Post by GM Parseth »

Alright, been working and grooving on monster stats and the setting map. Going to be working on characters for the setting, random encounter tables and then maps of the main dungeon areas and such. Does this map look fine? I have 0 artistic talent when it comes to drawing so I'm using Hexographer right now for that little issue.

EDIT: Oh! And each hex is 1/4 mile by the way.
Corbsavie 4.png
Corbsavie 4.png (1.11 MiB) Viewed 5928 times
Dmasterdad

Post by Dmasterdad »

very nice map but i am having a hard time reading the location names. Maybe change the font?

Besides that, very cool.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Map looks great! Is Hexagrapher able to export a b&w/grayscale version? That may help with readability.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

cool map. Which of those rivers drains the lake? I don't know if Hexagrapher can make rivers thicker or thinner but it would look better if the far away rivers upstream were smaller and got progressively bigger as the rivers merged.