BF2 Fortress, Tomb, and Tower

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: BF2 Fortress, Tomb, and Tower

Post by Solomoriah »

Thanks! I'll get your name in the next release.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jackel

Post by jackel »

Ollo
Here are the edits for the next release.

P7 6th line down "levels of the dungeon" change dungeon to palace or fortress.
P7 1st column room 1 boxed text 3rd line "perhaps fifty feet deep" map shows 30' to 40' Should this be changed? If players are mapping this could lead to inconsitatices in mapping.

Side note outer bars are bent.... why aren't the inner ones? (Meant to be a mystery to players?

P11 2nd column room#18 boxed text 2nd pharagraph 2nd line "randoMly" change capital M to lower case m.
P16 1st column room #33 before boxed text about NPC party "GM should add them to the descripition if they are present..." where else would they be? Should be classed as a wandering monster or should GM insert them where ever he/she wants?
P18 2nd column 2nd line after boxed text mentions "one of the Duke's hunting dogs" Are there any others? If he has 3 or 4 would he want/ need a kennel?
I know that on in the charts and tables on page 11 there is a common dungeon symbols, however these ( I think) need to be placed either on the map or in front of BF2. There might be some who do not know what the symbols are. The double locked doors threw me for a loop till I print off the charts and tables.

That's all I have for this time. I shall continue my proofing.

FYI I like what I am seeing here.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

jackel wrote:Ollo
Here are the edits for the next release.

P7 6th line down "levels of the dungeon" change dungeon to palace or fortress.
Done.
jackel wrote:P7 1st column room 1 boxed text 3rd line "perhaps fifty feet deep" map shows 30' to 40' Should this be changed? If players are mapping this could lead to inconsitatices in mapping.
The map changed early in development, and I missed this part.
jackel wrote:Side note outer bars are bent.... why aren't the inner ones? (Meant to be a mystery to players?
The inner portcullises can be lifted, but the outer can't. I've updated the text to add the missing levers for the outer portcullis.
jackel wrote:P11 2nd column room#18 boxed text 2nd pharagraph 2nd line "randoMly" change capital M to lower case m.
How the heck did I do that?
jackel wrote:P16 1st column room #33 before boxed text about NPC party "GM should add them to the descripition if they are present..." where else would they be? Should be classed as a wandering monster or should GM insert them where ever he/she wants?
Should be in the wandering monsters table. Fixed.
jackel wrote:P18 2nd column 2nd line after boxed text mentions "one of the Duke's hunting dogs" Are there any others? If he has 3 or 4 would he want/ need a kennel?
I'm going to omit this edit. If he has a kennel, it might be an outbuilding. I doubt it will come up in play.
jackel wrote:I know that on in the charts and tables on page 11 there is a common dungeon symbols, however these ( I think) need to be placed either on the map or in front of BF2. There might be some who do not know what the symbols are. The double locked doors threw me for a loop till I print off the charts and tables.
"Double locked doors?" Where do you see such on the map?
jackel wrote:That's all I have for this time. I shall continue my proofing.

FYI I like what I am seeing here.
Thanks! I appreciate the help!
jackel

Post by jackel »

Ooops my bad. it is just single locked doors. I had a hard time trying to figure out if they were double doors. The locked doors are for room 23 and 24 level 1. Doors to room 36, 54, and 50.

About the kennel. It was more as an FYI thing.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Those are double doors. I don't use the "locked door" graphic from the Charts and Tables document. Note that I didn't create Charts and Tables.

However, that does suggest to me that I should have a legend of some sort.
jackel

Post by jackel »

Just an FYI Mr. Gonnerman, I am still trying to get some more edits done. RL has intervined and I only have release 7 to work from. I will try to get as much done as I can and get it posted asap. I may have to go to my laptop to get it done. All my editing has been on a printed copy. Anyways, I hope to have more edits to you soon.

Brandon
jackel

Post by jackel »

Here are some edits for the Fortess section. I'm done with the tomb area as well but have to get it typed up.I will post as soon as I can.

Pg 5 Gravarthan stats Damage should be
1d6/1d6/2d10 or breath/1d6
Also remove the (B) from movement line and replace with (10')
Pg 6 Ezan Thane stats 3rd line
(AB+4 for 1d8+2..... not 1d8 +1
Melana Aurelius stats line 3
Battle Axe does1d8 and is a +1 yet damage is listed as 1d10+3
Pg 8 Giant Rats stats 1st line
Dam should be 1d4 not 1d3
Green Slime stats HD needs 2 stars not just one
Pg 9 Spitting Cobra stats 2nd line
Dam is 1d4 not 1d3
Pg 10 Jaref stats 1st line move is 20' line 2 dam is listed as 1d8+1, is this from a weapon? Also of note Jaref isnSt turned to stone like all the rest, maybe he was outside the castle when it happened and came inside and went mad. Possible hook for another adventure? Up to each GM.?
Pg 11 Giant Crab Spider stats line 2
(Save at a +2) needs removed.
Giant Rats dam is 1d4 not 1d3
Skeletons stats line 2 dam should be 1d6 not 1d8
Pg 12 Garalia and Sasha both need AB +1 to their stats.
Pg 15 Blood Roses stats + Blood Drain needs added to the #AT.
Pg 16 This about the NPC Party. Should the GM stick them where ever he or she wants? Or should they be rolled for as a random encounter.
Pg 17 Wight stats AC needs a dagger by the 15.
Pg 19 Iron Living Statue 1st line HD needs a star by the 4.
Pg 20 Dire Wolf stats line 2 should say Sv F4 Ml 9.

That is all for the fortress of the iron duke.

On a personal note I loved the animated chairs and the game room. Maybe we should have monkeys inlaid in the table or chairs.

Brandon
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

jackel wrote:Here are some edits for the Fortess section. I'm done with the tomb area as well but have to get it typed up.I will post as soon as I can.

Pg 5 Gravarthan stats Damage should be
1d6/1d6/2d10 or breath/1d6
Also remove the (B) from movement line and replace with (10')
Pg 6 Ezan Thane stats 3rd line
(AB+4 for 1d8+2..... not 1d8 +1
Melana Aurelius stats line 3
Battle Axe does1d8 and is a +1 yet damage is listed as 1d10+3
Done. The +3 is correct; she has a Strength bonus.
jackel wrote:Pg 8 Giant Rats stats 1st line
Dam should be 1d4 not 1d3
Green Slime stats HD needs 2 stars not just one
Pg 9 Spitting Cobra stats 2nd line
Dam is 1d4 not 1d3
Pg 10 Jaref stats 1st line move is 20' line 2 dam is listed as 1d8+1, is this from a weapon?
Done.
jackel wrote:Also of note Jaref isnSt turned to stone like all the rest, maybe he was outside the castle when it happened and came inside and went mad. Possible hook for another adventure? Up to each GM.?
That's one explanation. Khaadk's magic is chaotic; my idea was that it wasn't 100% effective.
jackel wrote:Pg 11 Giant Crab Spider stats line 2
(Save at a +2) needs removed.
Giant Rats dam is 1d4 not 1d3
Skeletons stats line 2 dam should be 1d6 not 1d8
Pg 12 Garalia and Sasha both need AB +1 to their stats.
Pg 15 Blood Roses stats + Blood Drain needs added to the #AT.
Done.
jackel wrote:Pg 16 This about the NPC Party. Should the GM stick them where ever he or she wants? Or should they be rolled for as a random encounter.
Could go either way. I wrote the module with a less experienced GM in mind, so the NPC party appears in the random encounters table; I assume the GM will place them in their rooms if they aren't encountered in the dungeon randomly. But an experienced GM could use them however he wants... I don't feel I need to explain that or give some sort of permission for it.
jackel wrote:Pg 17 Wight stats AC needs a dagger by the 15.
I don't do daggers in modules generally; rather, I write out the restriction plainly so the GM doesn't have to look it up. If you find a dagger somewhere, please point it out to me.
jackel wrote:Pg 19 Iron Living Statue 1st line HD needs a star by the 4.
Pg 20 Dire Wolf stats line 2 should say Sv F4 Ml 9.

That is all for the fortress of the iron duke.
Thanks! I'll be uploading R14 today with your edits included. I plan to release a print version VERY soon, so if you wish to do any more proofing (and I'd be happy if you did), it will need to be done quickly.
jackel wrote:On a personal note I loved the animated chairs and the game room.
Thanks!
jackel wrote:Maybe we should have monkeys inlaid in the table or chairs.
Monkeys? I don't get it.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Nice... excited to add another Print Edition BFRPG Item to the shelf!

I don't get the monkey reference either. :?
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
billiambabble

Post by billiambabble »

Thanks for posting the new release. :)
It's looking great. I can see I'm going to have to buy the print edition when it's out to go with my copy of Morgansfort!
8-)

Btw - the Facebook feed via Basic Fantasy Page the tipped me off, aint RSS/networks grand? :)