BF2 Fortress, Tomb, and Tower

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Post Reply
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7941
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

BF2 Fortress, Tomb, and Tower

Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:20 pm

Post your comments on module BF2 Fortress, Tomb, and Tower here.

http://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#bf2
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
SmootRK
Posts: 3703
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Re: BF2 Fortress, Tomb, and Tower

Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:59 am

Regarding this and the other adventures: are these truly finished projects, or do they still require polishing? I understand that BF1 is continuing to be developed, but the others? Have any of the respective authors disappeared, and if so, would it be OK for someone else to take up projects and further develop them?

a lot of questions there but in nutshell, it is a call to arms for folks to take up more development of these.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?

See my shirt designs: https://teespring.com/stores/viking-life
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7941
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: BF2 Fortress, Tomb, and Tower

Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:40 pm

I'll say to you what I've said to others... if you feel an urge to work on something, go ahead. Please, do let me know what you might be considering working on, in case I have unreleased updates you should see; right now, I think only AA1.2 is in that condition.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
SmootRK
Posts: 3703
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Re: BF2 Fortress, Tomb, and Tower

Post Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:29 pm

No specific plans at this time (for myself), but it is always a possibility. I have several items on my own personal agenda (some moving slowly), but perhaps I will visit the modules when I get a few items done.

Like I said in the post, this was also a sort of call for others to jump in as well. 8-)
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?

See my shirt designs: https://teespring.com/stores/viking-life
jackel
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:44 pm
Location: southeast kansas

Re: BF2 Fortress, Tomb, and Tower

Post Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:29 am

Like I posted in the other thread. I'll try to see what I done on this. Just for the record Emglish isn't my strong suit, but I'll do what I can.
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7941
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: BF2 Fortress, Tomb, and Tower

Post Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:33 am

Proofing isn't just about English. I'm also looking for comments on things that might be hard to read or understand, as well as layout issues.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jackel
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:44 pm
Location: southeast kansas

Re: BF2 Fortress, Tomb, and Tower

Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:55 pm

I've been working on release 5 so if you've fixed these cool. I have only really gone through the fortress sectio. I read the whole thing to have a working knowleadge of it. I plan on going through again to see if I can find more mistakes.

Pg1 " day before their wedding, an explosion engulfed the palace." There is no apparnet damage to the palace.
Pg1 "home of a cruel wizard Walgren." With as much undead 'roaming' that level should he be a cleric instead?
Pg 2 1st colum 1st sentance "bold text" should be "boxed text"
Pg 7 1st colum entrance. Should the "single large portcullis on the outside." Be shown on the map?
Pg 8 1st colum in boxed text for room 1 " there are also a pair of heavy," should that on be removed as they both can't be seen from room 1?
Pg 17 1st colum #36 12th line down "on the dais south" . Should that be southern dais or just drop the south altogether?
Pg22 Map needs scale compass rose and legend.
Pg23 Map as above and shouldn't the serect door in #44 be removed and a door to #43 be placed in the hall to the east? #44 is the wizards lab and #43 is the guard room. The wizard problly wouldn't like guards going through his lab at shift change.

Well that's all I've got so far. I'll keep looking at release 5. Till I find a few more then I'll print off the next release and go from there. I hope that helps.
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7941
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: BF2 Fortress, Tomb, and Tower

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:48 am

jackel wrote:I've been working on release 5 so if you've fixed these cool. I have only really gone through the fortress sectio. I read the whole thing to have a working knowleadge of it. I plan on going through again to see if I can find more mistakes.

Pg1 " day before their wedding, an explosion engulfed the palace." There is no apparnet damage to the palace.
True. However, the description here is more or less how locals would describe what happened; how else would you describe a burst of energy?
jackel wrote:Pg1 "home of a cruel wizard Walgren." With as much undead 'roaming' that level should he be a cleric instead?
Why? Magic-users get Animate Dead also. The presence of a chapel of Reubeus simply implies he had his own cleric.
jackel wrote:Pg 2 1st colum 1st sentance "bold text" should be "boxed text"
Good catch. In a very early version of the module, I bolded the read-to-players text rather than boxing it.
jackel wrote:Pg 7 1st colum entrance. Should the "single large portcullis on the outside." Be shown on the map?
Ouch. Another good catch. I'll have to look this over.
jackel wrote:Pg 8 1st colum in boxed text for room 1 " there are also a pair of heavy," should that on be removed as they both can't be seen from room 1?
Yeah, that's a biggie. Another thing I changed way back when on the map and forgot to fix in the text.
jackel wrote:Pg 17 1st colum #36 12th line down "on the dais south" . Should that be southern dais or just drop the south altogether?
Yeah, I just dropped the word.
jackel wrote:Pg22 Map needs scale compass rose and legend.
You're right. I'll attend to it.
jackel wrote:Pg23 Map as above and shouldn't the serect door in #44 be removed and a door to #43 be placed in the hall to the east? #44 is the wizards lab and #43 is the guard room. The wizard problly wouldn't like guards going through his lab at shift change.
Actually, there should be a regular door into the main corridor. The secret door is the wizard's exit.

I seem to have mislaid the maps (the originals, that is) so I'll have to go find them. The Fortress maps had to be hand-hacked on account of the garden. I surely have them somewhere...
jackel wrote:Well that's all I've got so far. I'll keep looking at release 5. Till I find a few more then I'll print off the next release and go from there. I hope that helps.
Thanks for your help! I'll try to get these things all resolved for R7.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7941
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: BF2 Fortress, Tomb, and Tower

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:41 am

jackel, I need to know how you want to be credited. Please let me know what name to use for you. You can email or PM me if you'd prefer not to post it here.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jackel
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:44 pm
Location: southeast kansas

Re: BF2 Fortress, Tomb, and Tower

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:31 pm

Sorry I just saw this today. My name is Brandon Baker. I have found a few more fixes. in the fortress part. I am just looking through the other two. I haven't tried to finish the tower as it is not done yet. I'll post fixes as soon as I can.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests