BF1 Morgansfort

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
hjmartin70

Re: BF1 Morgansfort

Post by hjmartin70 »

Ten years later, starting up a new campaign using Morgansfort as the home base. I like a few more small towns around so I'm adding Brymassen to the NE as Solomariah did. Also, putting Melford (from The Melford Murder at Dragonsfoot) up the river shown on the map a couple of days. It will be the transshipment point for mining and logging operations in the area. One of the things I like about Morgansfort is that it has enough detail to use, but is vague enough that I can add on anything I want.
orobouros

Post by orobouros »

In my campaign I included a semi-permanent tent town outside Morgansfort. Debate over the realism of fantasy settings is pretty dicey but I figured it would make sense that certain locals would have to take up residence near the fort (in the summer) but not in it due to either lack of wealth or proclivity to certain... undesirable activities.
nemolomen

Post by nemolomen »

I may have found a typo in the current (Release 28) Morgansfort document (I've checked the odt, the PDF, and the hard-copy I got from Amazon).

On Page 13 in the Rumor Table, rumor #1: the necromancer's name is "Starisel Zelinyth"

In the other 27 locations in the adventure, it is spelled "Zelinth", without the "y".

I also searched the forum and found no matches for "Zelinyth", so I assume this hasn't come up before.

But, I'm not sure if this is either intentional, I mean, it is the "rumor table"; or if it could just be considered "flavor"; or if it really is a typo.

I leave it to the experts to determine its importance.
I travel through space and time on a giant blue and white marble.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

It's a typo. No plans right now to release an updated Morgansfort, but we'll try to remember to fix this when we do.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

AlfTheRed wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:23 am - In The Nameless Dungeon Level 3 Map there is no Room 88 (Library).
I've put r29 in the Projects folder. Corrected items by Al and AlfTheRed (except for the above), numerous other stat-block fixes, and corrected the text size of quite a few room headers and paragraphs. Of course doing that broke the layout in a few places... :(
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

BF1 Morgansfort: The Western Lands Campaign, Release 29 -- July 21, 2020
This new release incorporates corrections found by Al Vetter, AlfTheRed, and James Lemon, and the subsequent necessary layout and flow corrections and the restoration of a missing room by Chris Gonnerman. This is not a print release candidate, as I feel like the maps need to be revisited; at least, the maps for the Nameless Dungeon need to be redrawn at higher quality (MapMatic at the very least).

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#bf1
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

This was made for the challenge, I think it got lost on the "to do list"
Morgansfort Challenge - Combat!.jpg
Morgansfort Challenge - Combat!.jpg (606.46 KiB) Viewed 4521 times
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Probably. We'll get it when we do another edit.
fingolwyn

Post by fingolwyn »

Are you still looking for someone to re-do the maps? Which ones specifically? I can handle all of them (pages 7, 27-28, 54-56, 69) except the ones on page 2 and page 6 (dungeon maps Yes, overland and/or hex maps No).

If you're not sure, I can put together a draft of Olde Island Fortress 2 (page 28) for a demo. It would take an hour or so (that's a simple map).

My program is antique and produces .BMP files (no layering). I've had no issue with converting them to .PNG, but I've never professionally printed my OSRIC modules so I don't know how well those formats will work (maybe you want .TIF?).
Feed the Boy and he will become a Man. Feed the Man and he will become a God. Feed the God and you will become the food.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I had planned to redo the maps using MapMatic, but I'm not opposed to anyone submitting nice, hand-drawn type maps. Otherwise not looking for any map help here.

If you do submit maps, remember they have to be big enough for reproduction. The printable area on a page is just over 2,000 pixels wide at 300 dpi. This is why I was considering redoing the maps.

And no, I never want TIFF. Egad. :D PNG is best, but I could handle BMP well enough.