BF1 Morgansfort

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Omote

Re: BF1 Morgansfort

Post by Omote »

Finally picked up the print version of BF1. Though it's just nearly too big for the ole staple stitch, it came out nice. Really the perfect adventure companion for BF. The books look great next to each other too. Looking forward to sitting down and creating a BF campaign around Morganfort and the campaign world in general.

~O
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Looks cool, I think I'll use this as my starting campaign world. I have a couple of questions about the map on p2, though.

Do the bodies of water have names?

And on scale, '1 block = 24 miles.' Is one block the length of the 8-unit line, or is that line 8 blocks?
Sir Bedivere
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I have only named those things actually shown on the map, at present. And yes, the line is 8 blocks long, or 8x24 miles total.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

Not a necessity but it might look better to have spaces in the AC, HD entries of some of the garrison.

Looks like some monster saves are off here and there:
tarantula F4
Ochre jelly F5
Giant Fly F2
gray ooze
Carnivorous ape F4
beetles (here and there)
snakes (here and there)

Some in the wandering monster by level entries.
Others at places like 24, 31 (superiro giant bee saves), 46, 66, 70, 74, 77,78,
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I've been reading through the Morgansfort module and I have a question about the 'Old Island Fortress' Adventure. In Room 4b, it says the door is rusted shut and requires a roll of 1 on a 1d6 to open. My question is on the comment (adjusted by Strength as normal). I hate to sound like a noob here but was does that mean? My thought is that I add my STR modifier to the number I have to hit to open it. So if I have a character with a STR of 16(+2) and he is trying to open the door, he would have to roll a 1-3 on a 1d6 to open. I just want to make sure I'm on the right track with this.

Edit: I thought about deleting this because I found the answer further down but thought I would just post it here in case somebody else misses it.

In Room 25 it states:

Allow this on a 1-2 on 1d6; adjust the range by adding the character's Strength bonus, so that +1 equals 1-3, +2 equals 1-4, and +3 equals 1-5.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yes, that's right. In the Core Rules, see page 37 for an explanation.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Solomoriah wrote:Yes, that's right. In the Core Rules, see page 37 for an explanation.
*slaps head* I checked at the modifiers but didn't check there.. this DERRR moment brought to you by me!
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
billiambabble

Post by billiambabble »

Hi guys.
Just a very quick random post about how much I'm enjoying my Lulu copy of Morgansfort. Tis a lovely thing. :)

I'm enjoying getting my head around the massive impact many low level encounters and special rules can have on play. Like with those ghouls in the Nameless Dungeon paralysing everyone except elves. I wonder how much it would cost to hire a band of 3rd level elven clerics (if there's any to be found) ... *grin* Do the local elves go in for Tah? ;)
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

I've just started prepping for the Old Island Fortress and I've noticed a couple of discrepancies between the stats that are listed in the book and those that are listed in the rulebook - specifically Skeleton damage is listed as 1d8 in BF1 but as 1d6 in the rulebook and the Stirge hit dice is listed as 1 in BF1 but 1* in the rulebook.

Are these discrepancies intentional due to circumstances/factors specific to the adventure or are they just simple errors?
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

They are errors in the module, actually; though the damage for a skeleton might vary depending on whether or not it's armed.