1980s Flavor Character Sheet

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
salasnet

1980s Flavor Character Sheet

Post Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:03 pm

UPDATE 3/27/2018:
Fixed issues reported below and re-uploaded PDF.

Even though there are a ton of wonderful character sheets that folks have already created, I created these character sheets for use with my kids and our D&D group.

I wanted something that evoked the classic 1980s character sheets, yet still had the little updates that are required for Basic Fantasy. As you can see, it is a Frankensheet, with little bits here and there from the past, which should make it look familiar, but still be its own original design.

It is one PDF with specific fronts/backs for each Class. First two pages are Fighter/Standard sheet, then Magic-User, then Cleric, and finally, Thief. Just print out the two pages you need in duplex. Design is in Landscape format.

There are bookmarks in the PDF which take you to the front of each Class.

Enjoy! I hope it provides somebody with the kind of sheet they like to use as well.
Attachments
Basic Fantasy Character Sheet-Landscape-JSP.pdf
(2.62 MiB) Downloaded 28 times
Last edited by salasnet on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pholus

Re: 1980s Flavor Character Sheet

Post Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:36 am

Very nicely done!

There is a small spelling mistake -- on the lower left hand corner ..... "Mellee"
chiisu81

Post Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:35 pm

I'd also like the spacing b/w those squares to be equal. Otherwise these are great!
I like to point out spelling mistakes and post GIFs.
Adventure Template | Style Guide
My works on Showcase
salasnet

Post Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:30 am

*facepalm*

I will fix. Thanks for the catch.

I need to think about the even spacing on the boxes in the combat area, I wanted to visually separate the Attack and Initiative from the other two... but I get it... I'm pretty OCD and it bothers me as well.
Blazeguard

Post Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:39 pm

I noticed that the Cleric and Thief sheets are labelled (have the class title in the top left corner) but the other 2 are missing their labels. Love the idea. Great job!!
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.