Post-Apocalyptic Mutations

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
killdefenses

Post-Apocalyptic Mutations

Post by killdefenses »

I've never made anything for BFRPG before, but really wanted to run a Post-Apocalyptic/Fantasy hybrid setting where Elves meet Radiation and Mutants meet Magic and Swords meet Sniper Rifles.

These all are variations on mutations from Mutant Future, so credit where credit is due. Initially these were altered for a LotFP homebrew I called Ruinations, but I tried to convert it to BFRPG mechanics.

Any advice or input would be welcome and appreciated. Thanks!

*updated to Rough Draft 2*
Attachments
BF-Mutations-rd2.odt
(33.13 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
BF-Mutations-rd2.pdf
(103.45 KiB) Downloaded 434 times
Last edited by killdefenses on Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
quozl

Re: Post-Apocalyptic Mutations

Post by quozl »

A small thing and a big thing.

The small thing: I think Natural Armor should have a higher AC than Spiny Growths.

The big thing: I think the the benefits and detriments should be separate tables and you have to roll on both when getting a mutation.

On the whole, this is really great!
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Even when building on Open Content and releasing your work under the OGL you still need to put it as copyright under your name. And it would be copyright 2017, not 2006-2017.

Since you did build upon Mutant Future you need to include it at the end of your OGL page. Looking at my copy of Mutant Future you should be able to use this line:
"Mutant Future Copyright 2008-2010, Daniel Proctor and Ryan Denison. Authors Daniel Proctor and Ryan Denison."

Also be sure to update/correct the copyright date for BFRPG; it should be 2006-2016.

Lastly, please attach your working odt/doc file along with the PDF.
killdefenses

Post by killdefenses »

quozl wrote:A small thing and a big thing.

The small thing: I think Natural Armor should have a higher AC than Spiny Growths.

The big thing: I think the the benefits and detriments should be separate tables and you have to roll on both when getting a mutation.

On the whole, this is really great!
Agreed about the first bit. Changed it! Not so sure about the second, as I'd rather the mutation suffered to be truly random; ie) could be good, could be bad. Are you saying the player should suffer one of each?

- Included the current rules I use for radiation exposure and the odds of gaining a mutation from it.

- Also, I updated the OGL to meet the requirements.
quozl

Post by quozl »

Yep, I think it would be more fun to get a good mutation and a bad mutation rather than randomly get one that could be good or bad.
Daucuscarota

Post by Daucuscarota »

I like it, and I like with only one list with both good and bad effects.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

How about something in between: A list of good mutations and one of bad mutation, so a GM can choose to use just one or both, but, with an added roll of a d6 or other die, with a 50/50 chances of using one table or the other, this lets GMs to have a little more customization, just like adding modifiers to the good/bad roll.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/