Anyone Made BF1 Players' Maps?

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
cheimison

Anyone Made BF1 Players' Maps?

Post by cheimison »

I'm looking to use Roll20 as a kind of campaign manager/aid for my tabletop game, and I was wondering if anyone had made players' maps for BF1; maps without numbering and secret areas/doors?
orobouros

Re: Anyone Made BF1 Players' Maps?

Post by orobouros »

I don't know if the original config files for creating the maps are available. The ones I remember seeing were created using the MapMaker+ utility found here. One advantage of such a system is that you can easily edit in or out certain features to make a players' map.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Yep, if you sign up for MapMatic +2 (check in the Tools link at the top of the page), under Public Maps > jpgrizzly2 you'll see those maps listed; from there you can copy the map to your MapMatic +2 account and edit away!
cheimison

Post by cheimison »

chiisu81 wrote:Yep, if you sign up for MapMatic +2 (check in the Tools link at the top of the page), under Public Maps > jpgrizzly2 you'll see those maps listed; from there you can copy the map to your MapMatic +2 account and edit away!
Thanks, sure beats GIMP.

Unfortunately I'm getting a 404 File Not Found from HostGator for those when I click them.

Here's one I made of Morgansfort, in any case.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

cheimison wrote:Unfortunately I'm getting a 404 File Not Found from HostGator for those when I click them.
You've found a bona fide bug. The icons on the right side all work (Download, Copy, and Preview) but the link associated with the name of the map does not. Just use either the Copy or Preview icon, whichever meets your needs. I doubt anyone uses the Download link these days.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
orobouros

Post by orobouros »

Since the map came up, I've always wondered how the guard got access to the walkways. I assumed there were either ladders used or doors from the upper level of the guards' quarters. Perhaps this is intentionally left to the GM.
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

I am working on a Google Sketch-up mock up of Morgansfort. I have added in stairs that allow the soldiers to get to the tops of the walls. And I also have worked up a players map of the inner working of the fort as well.
I actually had the whole thing done to include the inner walls, towers and basement/dungeon levels and even the older under city (dungeon) but lost all of it in a computer crash last year.
The players loved being able to show me exactly how they (the more stealthy and dark dressed characters) would move along the rooftops, avoiding the guards, when doing clandestine ops.
Attachments
Morgansfort level 1.png
Morgansfort level 1.png (139.01 KiB) Viewed 6959 times
sketchup model 3.jpg
sketchup model 3.jpg (254.22 KiB) Viewed 6959 times
sketchup model 1.jpg
sketchup model 1.jpg (256.27 KiB) Viewed 6959 times
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
Cryanhall

Post by Cryanhall »

These are great. I may use these this weekend. :)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Nice!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hexamer47

Post by Hexamer47 »

WOW!

Sweet Maps, Nekron99