Druids Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
daryen

Re: Druids Supplement

Post Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:24 pm

Completely unrelated question: Are you open to suggestions for seventh level Druid spells? I notice that seventh level spells isn't necessarily a "Core Classes Only" restriction, as at least one of the contributed sub-classes have seventh level spells. Plus, the supplement that adds in seventh level spells only covers the core classes, but says to work out any other classes on your own.

(This applies to the Illusionist, too. If you say no here, I won't bother with the Illusionist. But if you do say, "give it a shot", I will for the Illusionist, too.)

Thank you!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:18 am

Yeah, go for it. I do get final approval, of course.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
daryen

Post Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:44 am

Cool!

And don't worry, despite being a newbie I *have* done this with other games and I know everything runs through "the boss".

BTW, what did you think of the suggestions in the prior post? (Unfortunately they got left behind the page break and are in the last post of the prior page.)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:13 pm

Still considering them.
SmootRK

Post Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:23 pm

For your consideration, there are a limited number of 7th level druid spells in the Libram Magica Supplement, though this supplement (as a bit of an omnibus of materials) is not "official". It could help you to fast-track your endeavor.
https://www.basicfantasy.org/showcase.cgi?sid=20
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?

Find Me:
https://mewe.com/i/robertsmoot
See my shirt designs:
https://www.teepublic.com/user/smoot-life
daryen

Post Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:33 am

Quick question for Smoot:

Why do you move Neutralize Poison for Druids from a third level spell to a fifth level spell?

Historically (from AD&D1e and from 3.5SRD) that should be a third level Druid spell. Also, it's a fourth level Cleric spell. Poison is something that Druids deal with more than anyone else (being "in nature" and all). This is, quite frankly, one of their more important third level spells. Why do you keep forcing it to not only be a higher level spell, but make it even worse than what Clerics have? Because, again, not only is this in a Druid's wheelhouse, but it is actually a very important spell that helps make Druids valuable. (Particularly in a world where "Save vs Poison or Die" is a thing.)

For the record, I expect to pillage Libram Magica, but I will likely keep most spells at their original or "historic" levels. This will take a few days to get a first draft done, though.
daryen

Post Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:38 am

Solomoriah wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:13 pm Still considering them.
The main thing is the third level abilities I suggested. When I submit the seventh level spells, I am going to include a few other spell suggestions (for all spell levels), too, so the two sixth level spells can wait for that.
SmootRK

Post Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:53 am

daryen wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:33 am Quick question for Smoot:

Why do you move Neutralize Poison for Druids from a third level spell to a fifth level spell?

Historically (from AD&D1e and from 3.5SRD) that should be a third level Druid spell. Also, it's a fourth level Cleric spell. Poison is something that Druids deal with more than anyone else (being "in nature" and all). This is, quite frankly, one of their more important third level spells. Why do you keep forcing it to not only be a higher level spell, but make it even worse than what Clerics have? Because, again, not only is this in a Druid's wheelhouse, but it is actually a very important spell that helps make Druids valuable. (Particularly in a world where "Save vs Poison or Die" is a thing.)

For the record, I expect to pillage Libram Magica, but I will likely keep most spells at their original or "historic" levels. This will take a few days to get a first draft done, though.
Can't really say that I recall. If it was in the Druid supplement already, then I did not change it, as I did not re-do anything in the Druid Supplement from the original (only cleaned up)... if looking purely at the Libram Supplement, it could have just been an error.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?

Find Me:
https://mewe.com/i/robertsmoot
See my shirt designs:
https://www.teepublic.com/user/smoot-life
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:58 pm

Neutralize Poison could come down. The spell lists mirror earlier materials; however, spell levels did jump around back then.
daryen

Post Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:28 pm

Ok, cool. Just an accident, then.

It's third level in the Druid supplement, so I'm good.