Druids Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
LibraryLass

Re: Druids Supplement

Post by LibraryLass »

Solomoriah wrote:Sorry, game day. I'll try to get it looked at tonight.
Oh, hey. No problem. Game day's gotta come first. :)
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

LibraryLass wrote:
perhaps a little summary of your changes?

At glance it seems OK. I like having animal summoning spells... ought to be druid's bread and butter.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

SmootRK wrote:
LibraryLass wrote:
perhaps a little summary of your changes?

At glance it seems OK. I like having animal summoning spells... ought to be druid's bread and butter.
Honestly I only changed the spell list and added a description for Slow Poison, which is not in the core (but is in Libram Magica, so is the Faerie Fire description I used) but was unexplained in the previous release-- the basics of the class and giving them a turning mechanic both seemed solid to me.
The spell list is now as follows, with the ones in bold being spells the druid did not have in the previous release:

First Level Druid Spells
1 Animal Friendship
2 Create Water
3 Cure Light Wounds*
4 Detect Magic
5 Detect Snares and Pits
6 Entangle
7 Faerie Fire
8 Pass Without Trace
Removed: Light

Second Level Druid Spells
1 Charm Animal
2 Find Traps
3 Heat Metal
4 Obscuring Mists
5 Produce Flame/Cold
6 Slow Poison
7 Speak With Animals
8 Warp Wood
Removed: Snake Charm, Message

Third Level Druid Spells
1 Assume Animal Form
2 Call Lightning
3 Cure Disease
4 Hold Animal
5 Neutralize Poison
6 Plant Growth
7 Protection From Fire
8 Water Breathing
Removed: Continual Light

Fourth Level Druid Spells
1 Call Woodland Beings
2 Control Temperature, 10' Radius
3 Cure Serious Wounds*
4 Lower Water
5 Tree Sanctuary
6 Protection From Lightning
7 Speak With Plants
8 Summon Animals I
Removed: Sticks to Snakes

Fifth Level Druid Spells
1 Commune With Nature
2 Control Winds
3 Dispel Evil
4 Flame Strike
5 Growth of Animal
6 Rock to Mud
7 Summon Animals II
8 Wall of Fire
Removed: Nothing

Sixth Level Druid Spells
1 Animate Natural Objects
2 Part Water
3 Reincarnation
4 Pass Tree
5 Weather Summoning
6 Word of Recall
Removed: Animate Object (sort of)
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

LibraryLass wrote:Honestly I only changed the spell list and added a description for Slow Poison, which is not in the core (but is in Libram Magica, so is the Faerie Fire description I used) but was unexplained in the previous release-- the basics of the class and giving them a turning mechanic both seemed solid to me.
I will take this as a great compliment. ;) I wrote Faerie Fire myself. I wrote the basics of the class description (because the original draft was very abbreviated... use cleric table, but these weapons, cleric spells/day but these spell lists. Lots of cross referencing). I also gave the Animal Affinity (turning) a refresh and update.

Your changes and additions seem fine to me. I like it.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Well, that sounds promising. I'll try to get it looked over shortly... game time is over, but supper time is soon.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, I looked it over, and I've put it on the Downloads page after some editing. LL, I'm quite happy with your work, but I have to ask what version of OpenOffice.org or LibreOffice you used; the styles had been reset, so I had to reload them from the previous copy to get the layout right. Wasn't a big deal, though. Thanks for your contribution... I hope to see more from you.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Solomoriah wrote:Okay, I looked it over, and I've put it on the Downloads page after some editing. LL, I'm quite happy with your work, but I have to ask what version of OpenOffice.org or LibreOffice you used; the styles had been reset, so I had to reload them from the previous copy to get the layout right. Wasn't a big deal, though. Thanks for your contribution... I hope to see more from you.
It could have been my fault. The last edition of the Druid came from my labors, but from a time period while I was getting used to OpenOffice. Blame Me! :shock:
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

I use Openoffice 3.4.0... The fact that I had to work from Smoot's older file might be a factor, I suppose? I'm not the most proficient with word processing software except in a pretty basic, general way.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Don't worry about it, it's cleaned up now.

OpenOffice.org/LibreOffice have a Style feature that allows you to take a group of settings and call them by name. For example, most regular paragraphs in a BFRPG publication are set in the Text Body style; when you choose Text Body, justification is turned on, a given amount of extra space is added after the paragraph, and the font is set to either Soutane 10 point (for a rules supplement) or Century Gothic 10 point (for an adventure). The SubHeading style is set in SoutaneBlack at a larger size (I forget now, but you can look if you are interested) with specific indentation before and after. There are other styles for special purposes, like BoxedText, MonsterBlock, and HitPointBlock, which are all handy for adventure design, and other styles for other special purposes.

Adjusting the settings manually is discouraged, though there are exceptions; it all has to do with making the layout process as easy as possible, and keeping things reasonably consistent between all our publications. Oh, and once you learn to use Styles, you become a lot more productive. It's just easier to work with styled text than to set everything manually.

If I ever managed to write good instructions for this, I'd put them somewhere. But I'm not good at explaining it. I kind of suck as a teacher.
Itlas

Post by Itlas »

Hi,I would like to see rules for the Strongholds after level 9 for the new classes.
For example a Druid instead of a Temple could be required to find or create a small Sacred Grove where to host 2d8 followers (as a cleric) and the Druid could choose between human followers and animal followers.