Druids Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Dimirag

Re: Druids Supplement

Post by Dimirag »

Sorry to ask, whats LM?
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

SmootRK wrote:
LibraryLass wrote:
SmootRK wrote:Great Feedback, and good observations on the spells. Have you looked at how the spell lists expand slightly with the Libram Magica (in showcase)? The expanded spell lists might help ease this for you.

That said, I did not write the supplement originally, only giving the text of the class a rewrite to make it a bit more stand-alone-ish. Some changes to spells, the spell list, and a fresh look overall is probably long overdue...

not that everything you said needs directly changed immediately, but it is certainly debatable and tweak-able changes that can improve the class and make it fit better.
Yeah, it addresses some of it, but it's not quite for me for other reasons.
Not to sound personal or anything, mind you. I just like to retain a more classic-D&D-esque feel and a fair amount of what's in LM is slightly more original (for lack of a better term).
Yes, pretty much on purpose. Cannot copy stuff wholesale from other sources (ethically for a document that might see print one day). There is probably more "open content" spell that can be inserted to help there, but haven't done writing there in a while.
That said, no reason one cannot utilize basically anything in their home games. ;)
I'm pretty sure everything I mentioned is already open content or generic enough to be safe.
Solomoriah wrote:If you two want to dig in to the Druids Supplement and send me a revised version, that'd be cool...
I'm down for it. Smoot, you in?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Dimirag wrote:Sorry to ask, whats LM?
Libram Magica, most likely.
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Hywaywolf wrote:
Dimirag wrote:Sorry to ask, whats LM?
Libram Magica, most likely.
Got it in one.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

I am always in on developing more/new stuff. That said, I am getting fragmented with my efforts.

Having:
Field Guide
Familiar Document
Quasi-Class (a very definite XP change that I want to work out that applies to all such quasi-class offerings)
Bards (along with the quasi-class change mentioned)
Libram Magica (haven't messed with it much but it is ongoing)
a host of other little things as well as an ongoing updating of my own house rule document

In addition, I have very definite plans of getting some BFRPG setting material developed. For one, I hope to (with a bit of inspiration from other sources) get a Victorian Era thing made (Gas-lamps and Ghouls) with horror and fantasy mixed in.

I also have a defunct project for an Apocalypse setting too, complete with its own races and stuff.

All that said, yes... I will assist as I can. Perhaps I can send you drafts of the Druid document that may have some minor tweaks even beyond what Solo has hosted and let you do some editing and development from there?? you can take the conversation off board via email - same "handle" at gmail dot com.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

By the way I checked and everything I suggested vis-a-vis spell table alterations is open content and thus good to go.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Sounds like Smoot is a bit busy, eh?

If you want to revise the document and post it here, I'll make a review pass over it and get it updated on the site. Don't forget to add yourself to the credits.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

*nod* I think I've got it where I want it.
Attachments
Druid-Supplement-Release-4.odt
(278.87 KiB) Downloaded 479 times
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Hitting with a bump because I'm excited to hear reactions to my revision. :D
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Sorry, game day. I'll try to get it looked at tonight.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org