Divine Champions Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
SmootRK

Re: Divine Champions Supplement

Post Wed May 04, 2011 5:57 pm

artikid wrote:
SmootRK wrote:To each their own... some like loads of choices, others not so much, but yet others are just world creators who want to mold things to suit their world. Not right or wrong in any such case.
Absolutely!
My statement was not an attack of any kind on people that roll in different ways from me.
As you said: no right or wrong!
Also, the creation of multiple classes has at least three great merits that lacking in a system with few basic classes: a deeper level of detail, uniqueness of player characters and variety.
No worries. I knew you were making a point, not disparagement.
jackel

Post Tue May 10, 2011 11:29 am

I have looked this over. I think this is pretty good. I would suggest two things, one drop the spell cap to 3 or 4 spells at 20th level, and maybe add in an INT requierment for the Dweomerguard. Other than those two things I think it is a great supplement and am going to use in my campaign.
Nekron99

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:31 am

Question, why was the "Divine Champion" not given a celestial mount? I found that to be one of the more interesting abilities that the AD&D Paladin had.
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
artikid

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:44 am

Nekron99 wrote:Question, why was the "Divine Champion" not given a celestial mount? I found that to be one of the more interesting abilities that the AD&D Paladin had.
YMMV
The class feature is missing because I found it uninteresting and hardly believable, and because I wanted to keep the number of special abilities down.
artikid

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:54 am

jackel wrote:I have looked this over. I think this is pretty good. I would suggest two things, one drop the spell cap to 3 or 4 spells at 20th level, and maybe add in an INT requierment for the Dweomerguard. Other than those two things I think it is a great supplement and am going to use in my campaign.
I had thought about INT as a requirment for Dweomerguards but: essentially they are a cleric-fighter mix, not a fighter-mage mix even if they use magic-user spells.
They cast spells because of their faith, not because of their studies. So here is the rationale for that.

Regarding the spell cap: it may be a good idea, but i'd like to have some playtest reports for that...

Anyone with a level 20 campaign going on? ;)
artikid

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:02 am

I made a revision i submited to Solomoriah with reduced spell access for Divine Champions, it only made sense after all.
Thanks Jackel for pointing it out.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:53 am

I have a mess of things to post, but I haven't had time and/or motivation lately. Soon, I promise.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
artikid

Post Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:36 pm

No hurry Solomoriah, take all the time you need.
Best regards
artikid