Basic Fantasy Field Guide 3

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: Basic Fantasy Field Guide 3

Post Wed May 23, 2018 9:09 am

r3 uploaded to first post.
I like to point out spelling mistakes and post GIFs.
Adventure & Supplement Templates | Style Guide
My works on Showcase
teaman

Post Thu May 24, 2018 6:44 pm

Werna wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:36 pm
Hello !

Being new to the Basic Fantasy universe, I'm not sure this is the place I should post this picture, but do you think this would qualify as a Moon Troll ? This is a drawing I made based on the description provided on this forum, but since this is the first time I have ever made an illustration for an RPG, I don't know if this is the kind of creation that could match your expectations. Let me know !

Moon Troll by Erwan B mini version.jpg
This is great work!!!! I love it!!!
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at drivethrurpg.com. (Soon he'll be able to purchase the name brand peanut butter!). Come take a look if you have some time.

http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post Thu May 24, 2018 10:27 pm

A note on the Aurochs: It mentions the Bull from FG2, but I've removed that creature, as it overlapped the Antelope entry in the Core Rules. You'll need to review that entry and revise the Aurochs to go along with it.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:38 am

Ok I'll update that for r4; I've also pasted in the contents of the Monster Index and will add in the FG3 entries.
I like to point out spelling mistakes and post GIFs.
Adventure & Supplement Templates | Style Guide
My works on Showcase
Daucuscarota

Post Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:21 pm

The next monster shares similarities with Shadow, but while Shadow is a monster that dwells in darkness, this monsters is that darkness and therefore harder to notice; it's more appropriate for horror or weird adventures, or for when you want to make your players paranoid.

Living Darkness*

Armor Class: 12‡
Hit Dice: 4**
No. of Attacks: 1 shroud + drain
Damage: 1d4 + special
Movement: 10'
No. Appearing: 1
Save As: Magic-User: 4
Morale: 12
Treasure Type: None
XP: 320

Living Darkness is an unintelligent entity that takes up all the available space in which it appears, be it a corridor, a tunnel, a cave or a room. In open spaces it appears as a shroud of black mist or smoke that moves very slowly. In essence, it is a sentient Continual Darkness spell. When in a dungeon a magical light is active, the characters can see the light but as if shrouded by a dark veil. Mundane light doesn't work at all.

This entity is immaterial, therefore immune to common physical attacks. It can only be damaged with magic weapons or light spells. Light causes 1d8 hp damage on the first round; subsequent rounds deal no damage; Continual Light causes 1d4 damage per round, but Living Darkness is so dense that Continual Light lasts as many rounds as the caster's character level, after which it dissapears as though Dispel Magic had been cast.

Shroud: If the Living Darkness hits an opponent, the victim must save vs Magic. In a success, he loses 1d4 hp. In a failure, the victim is enveloped by the darkness, which can now be seen by others, and the victim loses 1d4 hp and 1 temporal point of a random ability. Roll 1d6: 1) Charisma, 2) Constitution, 3) Dextery, 4) Intelligence, 5) Strenght, 6) Wisdom. If the victim is reduced to 2 or less points in any ability, he collapses an cannot take any action (the game master should describe this as approrpiate). If any ability reaches 0 points, the victims dies and his body is horribly distorted. Temporal points lost are recovered in a rate of 1d4 per night of rest.