Character Sheet by Jason Brentlinger

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Character Sheet by Jason Brentlinger

Post by Solomoriah »

Post your comments here for Jason Brentlinger's character sheet.

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html ... ingersheet
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Blazeguard

Re: Character Sheet by Jason Brentlinger

Post by Blazeguard »

I really like this sheet and the way that it is laid out but being somewhat of a newbie I just have a couple of questions.

In the Ability Scores section what is the Target column for?

Also, why is the Hit Points section split into 2 parts?
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

One more question. I've seen on several of these sheets that they have an Initiative field. Is that just to record any Initiative modifiers? Because during combat your initiative is always changing is it not?
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Blazeguard wrote:I really like this sheet and the way that it is laid out but being somewhat of a newbie I just have a couple of questions.

In the Ability Scores section what is the Target column for?
Most folks seem to use the basic "Ability Roll" roll mechanic found on p.141 of the rulebook
Blazeguard wrote:Also, why is the Hit Points section split into 2 parts?
Total HP and Wounds section. Additionally, on a character sheet someplace I record the hp gained at each level (to better manage when level drains occur and are reinstated - characters do not somehow get extra HP after a restoration to better than they had before a drain.)
Blazeguard wrote:One more question. I've seen on several of these sheets that they have an Initiative field. Is that just to record any Initiative modifiers? Because during combat your initiative is always changing is it not?
Yes. Dex modifies initiative, halflings get +1, Deafness/Blindness -2

Of course, there are many house-rule situations that are utilized as well.

For instance, I utilize d20 roll for initiative and keep the order continuous throughout the combat (aside from those who might delay, set against charge, etc.). This is for my (small) children who understand 'taking turns' easier than a constant changing order of events.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

SmootRK wrote:Total HP and Wounds section. Additionally, on a character sheet someplace I record the hp gained at each level (to better manage when level drains occur and are reinstated - characters do not somehow get extra HP after a restoration to better than they had before a drain.)
By-the-book, level drains don't work that way. Just sayin'.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Solomoriah wrote:
SmootRK wrote:Total HP and Wounds section. Additionally, on a character sheet someplace I record the hp gained at each level (to better manage when level drains occur and are reinstated - characters do not somehow get extra HP after a restoration to better than they had before a drain.)
By-the-book, level drains don't work that way. Just sayin'.
Yes, you are right. One of my throwbacks to AD&D playing. Regardless, I like to have the record of HP rolls per level. ;)
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

Character Sheet by Jason Brentlinger, Finnish Translation v1-fi1 -- September 21, 2023
Seppo Raudaskoski has been busy translating many things into the Finnish language, and here's one!

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html ... ingersheet