Ibl de Dibble's new monsters

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Joe the Rat

Re: Ibl de Dibble's new monsters

Post by Joe the Rat »

ibldedibble wrote:This one is more of a reskin of a goblin.

Madlin
Armor Class: 13 (11)
Hit Dice: 1
No. Of Attacks: 2 claws + bite
Damage: 1d4/1d4 + 1d6
Movement: 30', Unarmored 40'
No. Appearing:
Save As: Fighter 1
Morale: 12
Treasure Type:
XP: 25

Mad goblins. They froth at the mouth.
They only use their bite attack if they hit with both their claw attacks.
Random thought - what about adding a Spider Climb like ability? maybe as a another variant. Instead of crazy, frothing-at-the-mouth goblins, you get crazy, frothing-at-the-mouth goblins that are running(crawling) on the walls and ceiling of the tunnel as they come at you.
Go with a smile!
ibldedibble

Post by ibldedibble »

Maliki wrote:I would pair these up with normal goblins, maybe led around on a chain by a handler and let loose on the PCs as shock troops.
Not a bad idea. A Goblin Taskmaster... or maybe even an Ogre Taskmaster. :)
Joe the Rat wrote:Random thought - what about adding a Spider Climb like ability? maybe as a another variant. Instead of crazy, frothing-at-the-mouth goblins, you get crazy, frothing-at-the-mouth goblins that are running(crawling) on the walls and ceiling of the tunnel as they come at you.
I'd say that's another monster, mutated version of the Madlins or so. But hey, what you do with it is up to you. :)
ibldedibble

Post by ibldedibble »

Blue Paradise Bird
Armor Class: 13
Hit Dice: 1*
No. Of Attacks: 1 bite
Damage: 1d4
Movement: 10' Fly 60'
No. Appearing:
Morale: 8
Treasure Type: none
XP: 37

Red Paradise Bird
Armor Class: 13
Hit Dice: 1*
Damage: 1d4+1d4/round
No. Appearing:
Morale: 9
XP: 37

Green Paradise Bird
Armor Class: 15
Hit Dice: 1
Damage: 1d6
No. Appearing:
Morale: 8
XP: 25

Paradise birds have rich colourful feathers and people who see them usually go "ooh... aaah" because of how pretty they are.

If a blue paradise bird hits a creature, that creature has to make a save vs. Paralyzation or start feeling numb (-2 to hit and a -1 AC penalty for 1d4 rounds).

If a red paradise bird hits a creature, it attaches itself and keeps biting and ripping (doing 1d4) every round thereafter.
There are two ways to remove the bird, either by removing it by force (instead of attacking) or killing it.
Any attack on the bird while it's attached gets an attack bonus of +2, but any attack that misses hits the creature it's attached to instead.

Green paradise birds have slightly stronger beaks than the others and generally blends into the surrounding areas, making them harder to hit.

Three new creatures.
The red paradise bird is a reskin of a stirge.
The blue one was originally a reskin of a giant bat, but I didn't find that interesting enough, so I gave it a new ability instead. :)
The green one is pretty vanilla, it has the highest AC because it blends in to it's surroundings (not like a chameleon, but because it only really exists in forests).

I made these three after thinking of new things for a sandbox I'm making (and hopefully starting soon). For some reason I started looking at magic cards and saw Overgrown Estate and Overgrown Tomb and figured I'd use the estate as a location in the sandbox and then put the tomb beneath (or in the courtyard or just near) the estate.