Adventure & supplement templates

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Adventure template

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, so here's the quick-and-dirty of it...

To get a new page in the current page style, hit Ctrl+Enter. But if you're in columns, you need to be out of them first. Move your cursor to the very last position in the two-column section, then press Alt+Enter to get a blank line that is outside that section. THEN, do Ctrl+Enter.

The only time I use the menu to insert a manual page break is when I'm switching to a new page style (to get different headers/footers, usually).
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Re: Adventure template

Post by chiisu81 »

r8 uploaded
chiisu81

Re: Adventure & supplement templates

Post by chiisu81 »

Can't currently edit the Showcase entry, but will be uploading a simpler Supplement template soon.
Edit: working now, supplement template uploaded
CarrionScrawler

Cover Template? Adventure Template Questions...

Post by CarrionScrawler »

Hello All!

Just wondering why if I download the adventure template there's no front or back cover templates (coloured chequered border on black background)?

Does anyone have a link to these or various colours? What font/size/etc do Basic Fantasy covers use?

Thankee in advance!
-Scrawls
chiisu81

Re: Cover Template? Adventure Template Questions...

Post by chiisu81 »

Covers are only for items that are in print. Solo creates those covers when those relevant items are going into production.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Chi has it right here. I don't share the cover templates with anyone, I do the covers myself when it's time. I don't want anyone else creating "official" prints, and one way to limit that is not to share the cover layouts. You may of course create unofficial prints, but you'll have to do so with a cover you make yourself or acquire elsewhere. Or, submit your work for publication by us, and I'll see to it that a proper cover graces it when it's in print.
CarrionScrawler

Post by CarrionScrawler »

Solomoriah wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:08 am Chi has it right here. I don't share the cover templates with anyone, I do the covers myself when it's time. I don't want anyone else creating "official" prints, and one way to limit that is not to share the cover layouts. You may of course create unofficial prints, but you'll have to do so with a cover you make yourself or acquire elsewhere. Or, submit your work for publication by us, and I'll see to it that a proper cover graces it when it's in print.
You bet. I don't know if I'm ever going to be at a place where I hold my art and ideas up for public scrutiny and criticism, to be honest I'm a bit of an overly shy person. The only reason I would want to use the cover templates would be for printing my own covers for the private modules. I always enjoyed it, even since playing in the 80s as a youth--creating a module cover for each adventure from a meagre Dungeons & Dragons xerox I coloured in with my own cut and paste illustration adorning the front.

I can appreciate not wanting to make the cover available, and am happy to constrain myself to unofficial prints. What would you consider a reasonable homage you wouldn't find annoying? Could I use the same title font you do without the border? (And if so, care to share that?) Or what if I did a similar kind of fringed border with different text and wrote UNOFFICIAL ADVENTURE MODULE in big letters? In any case, I understand wanting to have a stylistic difference so people can make an easy distinction between official and unofficial adventures, and will respect wherever you think the line ought to be between official look and a well-intentioned imitation.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

If you are printing modules for your own use, you can do whatever you like... it's not like I'm going to come to your house and yell at you or anything.

If you are selling prints, then it's all a matter of complying with the Product Identity License in the back of the Core Rules.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Merged topic from GD into this thread.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Both updated for 2019.