Adventure & supplement templates

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: Adventure template

Post by chiisu81 »

I just noticed in the template that the MapKeyHeading is in all caps but isn't bolded. I could've sworn it's always been bolded in all files I've worked on; is unbloded indeed the intended/correct way?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

MapKeyHeading should be bold.

My more recent documents tend to use the name RoomHeading but I haven't decided which I like better.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

R4 uploaded, with MapKeyHeading bolded.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

R4 re-uploaded, updated some dates.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Solomoriah wrote:Going over your revised R32, and I noticed you worked on standardizing the NPC statblocks (which I'll admit, I kept changing as I went along). I've decided I like it this way:

Yunkers: Human Magic-User 6, AC 11, #At 1, Dam 1d3, Mv 40', Ml 9, XP 555

I don't like the race/class/level in parens; I'd rather have it be as shown above. I'm revising R32 to this standard, but we'll have to review it to make sure I haven't missed any.
Note for myself to add/revise for next release.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

R6 uploaded with NPC statblock note.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

r7 uploaded; updated for 2018 dates.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Ok, I need help understanding column formatting. I tried to use the template to create a new adventure by first wanting to insert a page for a map image (which I think should be included in the template anyways). So, I went to the end of the adventure, clicked on Insert > Manual Break > Page Break (with the "Maps" page style selected). It inserted the new page, and the header at the top was correct, but the page was still 2-column, and nothing I did would change it.

So, on the right side in LibreOffice I went to Style & Formatting, then selected Page Styles. I right-clicked on Maps and clicked Modify, and verified that it's set to 1-column there. On a hunch, I then right-clicked on Adventure Key and it says 1-column as well!

So how should it be done? And are we formatting columns manually and not through the page styles, which seems to be the "correct way"?
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Switching column formats requires a new section if I remember correctly.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Ok so I repeated my steps, and then on the Maps page I inserted a new section that was single-column. Then I was able to delete the 2-column section above it, and from there insert a map image. But I shouldn't have to do this, right? It still seems like it's not honoring the column formatting set by the page style. Also, as you can see in my attached example the header at the top is also not aligning to the right side as well.
Attachments
oooooomg.gif
oooooomg.gif (749.74 KiB) Viewed 11970 times