Sword & Board

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Sword & Board

Post by Solomoriah »

Post your comments here for Daniel Buterbaugh's Sword & Board supplement.

https://www.basicfantasy.org/showcase.cgi?sid=21
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Maliki

Re: Sword & Board

Post by Maliki »

I iike this, not all of it :D but it contains so much that there is plenty to pick and choose from. For me the spells and magic items are very likely to make it into my game (if I ever have a game again) as well as some of the monsters.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

I was curious if anybody had compared the two-weapon systems given here and in the Combat Options supplement. The Sword & Board variant is much simpler (barring when two different damage weapons are used), and makes it more accessible to characters (any character can do it without substantial to hit penalties), but I'm curious if damage rates have been compared.
Go with a smile!
danbuter

Post by danbuter »

Just an FYI that you can buy a print copy at http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... s_id=88225. It's only $3.17.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I was actually thinking that this would make a great ongoing BFRPG e-zine. Its chock full of some great rules, items etc..
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

While there are individual supplements for monsters, classes etc. I def. like this compilation of various items. I think an ongoing (but not not published on any regular schedule) "magazine/compilation" ala Knockspell or Fight On!
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Now that I've thought on it, I think it'd be better to just post ideas "on-demand" either here in the forums (esp. Workshop if a document possibly grows out of it) or possibly as a blog post on this site.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

chiisu81 wrote:Now that I've thought on it, I think it'd be better to just post ideas "on-demand" either here in the forums (esp. Workshop if a document possibly grows out of it) or possibly as a blog post on this site.

But a compilation in printed form would be nice.. and with Amazon Create Space probably fairly cheap..
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

chiisu81 wrote:Now that I've thought on it, I think it'd be better to just post ideas "on-demand" either here in the forums (esp. Workshop if a document possibly grows out of it) or possibly as a blog post on this site.
I think a worthy endeavor is to make our Supplementary Material available/searchable/etc. via the blog portion of the site. Somebody could take the time to pull the material from the ODT files, format them properly (for the html/blog), and get them posted via the Blog; sometimes they can even be broken up into smaller chunks. If done with regularity, the postings would be something that drums up interest and creates a little more 'press' for us via the blogger side of the internet.

And, helping make this more public, Solo, we need to add in Facebook and Google+ buttons for quick sharing of individual blog posts via those outlets. I am sure that wordpress has such tools readily available.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Sword & Board

Post by Solomoriah »

SmootRK wrote:And, helping make this more public, Solo, we need to add in Facebook and Google+ buttons for quick sharing of individual blog posts via those outlets. I am sure that wordpress has such tools readily available.
Ack. Back into Wordpress plugin land...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org