Beginner's Essentials

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Ynas Midgard

Re: Beginner's Essentials

Post by Ynas Midgard »

Actually a - usable - "How to start GMing?" essay/mini-supplement would certainly be great for BFRPG (and actually most of the retro-clones; to my knowledge, only Melan's Sword & Magic, the Sine Nomine games, and LotFP has that kind of things).
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Examples examples examples! I think this would go a long way towards helping a new DM.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Well, Third Edition is up; time to start editing BE. I'll fit in a record sheet this time, I think.
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

Dang it Bedivere, I was gonna print up the current version for tomorrows game. What am I supposed to do now? :P
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

People, quit saying "3rd Edition is up" like it's final or something. Dang. This is just a step in the process, not the destination.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

I didn't say it like it's final. I said it like "Dang, now all my reference page numbers are probably wrong. Better fix that."
MedievalMan wrote:Dang it Bedivere, I was gonna print up the current version for tomorrows game. What am I supposed to do now? :P
The only important change is that the Core Rules page numbers have changed, so if you print off the current BE those references will probably be wrong. (Unless you're using 2E Core Rules, of course.)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

All I'm saying is, it's not "better fix that," it's "better fix that later."

Trying to save you some hassle here.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Sir Bedivere wrote:...

The only important change is that the Core Rules page numbers have changed, so if you print off the current BE those references will probably be wrong. (Unless you're using 2E Core Rules, of course.)
If you update it, please don't delete the 2e version since I will still be using the 2e version until the 3e is available for purchase on amazon. Even then, if I ever have friends playing they would probably be using my old 2e books and the 2e version would still be useful then.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I believe Solo mentioned that when 3rd Edition was up that eventually 2nd would be pulled down (like 1st was after 2nd was released, put into print, etc.). We're gonna have to update a lot of items (beginner essentials, gm screen, etc.) that reference the core rules.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

That doesn't make the books I've already bought disappear, but I suppose that would be my problem and should just downlaod the things I need for them and keep them stored on my computer.