Beginner's Essentials

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: Beginner's Essentials

Post by chiisu81 »

Doing an editing pass. Changing "his or her" to "their", removing italics on relevant text, and correcting table cells for four-figure numbers to allow a comma to stay in place (Table > Number Format > [Category:Text, Format:@]). Will put my copy in Projects once complete.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Whoa. You must have pulled a copy just before I moved it.

Drop it back in Projects when you're done and I'll merge your changes with mine. Don't worry about the front pages, as I've already worked them out.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

My edited copy is in Projects now.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

DANG. that was fast...

Thanks man! I'll get on it tonight; have to go appear to be working now.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

chiisu81 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:49 am Doing an editing pass. Changing "his or her" to "their", removing italics on relevant text, and correcting table cells for four-figure numbers to allow a comma to stay in place (Table > Number Format > [Category:Text, Format:@]). Will put my copy in Projects once complete.
Make sure you watch out for verb tense when you change to they. Finding a lot in Core Rules:
they is should be they are
they loses should be they lose
they sees should be they see
etc.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Yep saw a lot of those in this document. Not sure how I missed the ones in Core Rules, but will make a note to do a search for "They" to double-check for those on my next editing pass whenever it's time.
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

I'm starting to think I should have pulled things like the turning undead and adventuring and combat rules direct from the 4e core book like I did with the spells would have saved everyone some time! mind you I never even thought of it I was only getting rid of SRD, but hindsight and all that
No matter where you go...there you are
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

chiisu81 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:26 pm Yep saw a lot of those in this document. Not sure how I missed the ones in Core Rules, but will make a note to do a search for "They" to double-check for those on my next editing pass whenever it's time.
I think Solo did them after you did your pass. Don't worry about it.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yes, I did the pronoun change between Chi and Al's passes over the Core.

Apologies if my work is making us step on each other's toes. We've never worked like this before.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The very first 4th Edition book is available now. Beginner's Essentials release 14 is in the first post in this thread; until I'm ready to redo the whole Downloads area layout for the new edition, I'm going to keep the 4E materials in their comment threads as we do with in-development items. Please everyone go check it out and let me know here if you find any problems!