Core Rules French Translation

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: Core Rules French Translation

Post by chiisu81 »

Katarn: you can download the latest ODT or PDF and edit it from here: https://www.basicfantasy.org/showcase.cgi?sid=114. When you finish you can attach your edited file in this thread.

orousselin: you'll hear about it here and on the News page whenever a new release has been made, and hopefully eventually in print. With editing, proofing, a layout pass, etc. still needing to be done it will still be awhile. If you'd like to pitch in to help, we always appreciate it.
Katarn

Post by Katarn »

Sorry I'm in late, I'm working on it.
Last edited by Katarn on Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katarn

Post by Katarn »

The document is nearly perfect except :

Pages 9-10 -> Change alphabetic race description order :
1/ Elves
2/ Halfelins
3/ Human
4/ Dwarf

In french, we add a space before and after a ';'
ex : text[space];[space]text.
It must be check in the whole document.

I'm using Word so I don't know if it's compatible with LibreOffice. If it's ok I will do all ';' correction myself.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

For editing ODTs you really should use LibreOffice. It's a free download as well. Word still doesn't handle ODTs very well.

For you use this link for French LibreOffice: https://www.libreoffice.org/download/do ... .7&lang=fr
Elwing

Post by Elwing »

Hi Katarn, I can do these kind of modification on the master document and post it back. Anything else you noticed ?
Now, I Don't know if Solo already started layout work on the current version, if not , I can update based on your comment ( Katarn feel free to shoot me a PM).
And thank you for the support!
Katarn

Post by Katarn »

@chiisu81 : Thanks for the link I will try it.

@Elwing : You're welcome, it's a pleasure for me to help. There is nothing more to say, many error had been corrected since the previous version.

All of you done a great job to translate it ! I will use Basic Fantasy at my RPG club on 11 august and present it everywhere I'll go to play. This is a great game and it deserve to be more play.
Elwing

Post by Elwing »

Thank you, glad you like this game! For your game don't forget to print the french screen too !

I just posted a .77 version based on your comments with pdf and odt. Please check it, and I will remove the .76 once validated.
@Chiisu and Solo, I Believe the .77 is much more mature than the one in the main download page, would you mind update it please?
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Before updating on the Downloads page, I think Solo will want to go through the ODT to make a layout pass of his own. With more corrections made and getting closer to a potential print release candidate, he'll want to make extra-sure everything is setup correctly, etc. Besides this thread, Elwing, please go ahead and email Solo with the link below and let him know he can begin doing such work and then update what's on the Downloads page.

http://basicfantasy.org/showcase-downlo ... -fra77.odt

I'd say go ahead and make a PDF of r77 as it is and put it on the Showcase page/entry, and delete r76. When Solo finalizes r77 for the Downloads page he'll make his own PDF to go on there, and then of course you'll then be able to delete r77 from the Showcase page/entry (keeping the other downloads/files available of course).
Katarn

Post by Katarn »

@Elwing : I read the r77 (odt file) everything is perfect :). Good job !
Elwing

Post by Elwing »

Thanks!
I posted the pdf of the 77 and sent a mail to Solo. To be continued!