Core Rules French Translation

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Elwing

Re: Core Rules French Translation

Post by Elwing »

Hello Solo, thank you for the update, the pdf looks great as is!
My answers to your remarks:
Why are trolls and urgoblins marked "(régénère)" after their titles? The English Core Rules don't do this. => Artifact of my previous attempt to classify Monster. The quoted words can be removed.

The "intro story" paragraphs in the Introduction have the first line indented, but the intro story paragraphs in the Encounters section do not. Why? => no reasons, to be unified

The filename indicates this is R104 of the Core Rules, but the title page says (Version 107). So is it properly R107 then? => it is 107, I left aside the file name update.

Also, a curiosity... why is "humain" not capitalized, but "Elfe" is? => when I started the translation some time ago I considered "humans" as a common name, so I left all of them uncapitalized. Now I realized it should be the differentiated, using capitalized H for the reference to a character race and leave it uncapitalized for the reference to generic "humanity". Double-checking with the 'style guide doc", I shall fix that .

How to you want me to proceed for the next steps?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Download my copy, update the filename to reflect r107-fra78, make whatever corrections you find necessary, and whatever you do, don't sweat the flow or overall format. It's a given that I'll have to fix that even if you get it perfect... just make the translation and stylistic bits correct, and we're good.

Are you a Dropbox user? If you are, or if you'll join up, I can share our Projects folder with you and you can use that to send the finished work back.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Elwing

Post by Elwing »

Sorry for the late answer, I just updated the file and loaded it in the showcase (no Dropbox) http://basicfantasy.org/showcase-downlo ... -fra78.odt It contains the fixes from your comments. Let me know of any comment.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Looks good. I'll get it uploaded as soon as I have time to wrestle LibreOffice to the ground...
Elwing

Post by Elwing »

Sounds good, that would be awesome to see a french paper version ! Thank you again for your support.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Getting the flow to hold still for just a moment is driving me nuts.

I'm dropping the alpha index of monsters; I can see the value when you had them in categories, but it doesn't really make sense when they are already more or less in order.
Elwing

Post by Elwing »

make sense. Good luck with LibreOffice, I have been facing some instabilities in the layout repeatability on older versions with such big file...
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

3rd Edition Core Rules French Translation, Version 78 -- September 11, 2018: Here is the French translation of the Core Rules, now updated to Release 107. While this one isn't perfect, I'm calling it a print release candidate, as it might just be good enough to print. Download
Elwing

Post by Elwing »

Great news! thank you for uploading !!
BTW, I am trying to update the french cover pdf, server returns an error and stored file size=0. Is this a temporary bug ?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Are you uploading to the Showcase? It could be an issue with the new server.

Email the item to me and I'll figure out the upload. solomoriah@basicfantasy.org