Core Rules French Translation

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Tungdil

Re: Core Rules French Translation

Post by Tungdil »

Hello Solomoriah, please rest assured that I will not ask Elwing to publish any material available on your site without consulting you and your team first. Our publishing house is still in the early steps of development, and Basic Fantasy is just one of the many systems that we are currently reviewing. We are just trying to reach out to other active players (and Elwing happens to live in our area as well) that could further our project. Since Elwing did an excellent translation, I was just trying to reach out to him, in order to know more about his experience.

Elwing accepted our contact request, and we hope he will lead us to his favorite content, so we can have a better view of it's potential.
Elwing

Post by Elwing »

Hi, after a couple of months without too much time to spend on hobby, I have been able to read and fix many typos, page setup, couple of spells buggy, and apply guidelines for keywords . I also posted a new cover page in pdf, and released a high resolution PDF.
I consider it as a final release candidate. I will leave some time for any reader to provide feedback, after which I believe it could be switch to a print on demand format.
Have fun !
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Cover PDF: the back page is using way too many different fonts. The header font should be consistent.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm going to give it a layout pass; there seems to be some inconsistencies. Elwing, I have to say, I'm impressed with how well this seems to have gone for you. You may well earn the distinction of the first to finish a translation!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Elwing

Post by Elwing »

Thank you Solo, indeed, I really wanted to finish this properly. I must admit that cross checking its own work twice is not always fun and takes time!
I have a question related to OGL, do you know if using a french translated specific word ( like bugbear, which is gobelours in french) is covered by the OGL ? I just had this question on a french forum, and have no clue. I am currently assuming that it is OK as the English wording is covered.
Chiisu81, I set the soutane font everywhere in the cover and uploaded a v3, let me know if its OK now (I used the soutane black for headers).
I found a bug on my release (I missed to report a fix Imade long time ago), so I will wait a bit for your layout feedback and other feedback from community if any to release the final (Actually, I did not receive much comment on the content itself so far).
Let me know your findings.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I don't want to do a layout pass until you have finished your translation and checking. If you feel you have things left to fix, do so, and let me know when you're done. Better that than I have to do it repeatedly.
Elwing

Post by Elwing »

make sense, will let you know ASAP when i am (really ) good to go
Elwing

Post by Elwing »

Hello, I did the fix I needed to (weapon ranges mainly, plus another review. typos have the bad habit to remain after 3 consecutive reviews...).
I feel pretty good with this version, in absence of further feedback I consider as good to go. Let me know the next steps!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Where is the document now?
Elwing

Post by Elwing »

It is in the showcase, with version 73
https://basicfantasy.org/showcase.cgi?sid=114