CS2 The Pit

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 6998
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: CS2 The Pit

Post Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:46 am

The discrepancy between the tower having fallen, and having disappeared in a single night, has to do with me moving part of the intro to one of the submitted adventures into the main introduction. Good catch, I'll clear it up.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 6998
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: CS2 The Pit

Post Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:51 am

Okay, new rule: If you are going to make a pass through a document and correct punctuation and spacing, please DO NOT turn on track changes! Lordy, what a bunch of things to look at... still working through my R4 combining Chi's changes with mine, and I haven't even looked at bugleyman's.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 6998
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: CS2 The Pit

Post Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:58 am

Question: Should we have a period after "ea" as in:

XP 550 ea

The edits I'm working through now are inconsistent. I like having the period, but I'm open to suggestions.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 6998
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: CS2 The Pit

Post Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:02 am

... seriously, what is it with the rings of regeneration? Two so far. Wow.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
chiisu81
Posts: 2241
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:05 pm

Re: CS2 The Pit

Post Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:59 am

R5 posted.
Solomoriah wrote:Question: Should we have a period after "ea" as in:

XP 550 ea

The edits I'm working through now are inconsistent. I like having the period, but I'm open to suggestions.
I was doing it without the period, but I can see having it being "more valid". I'm working on a new release of the style guide and this will be included.
Solomoriah wrote:Okay, new rule: If you are going to make a pass through a document and correct punctuation and spacing, please DO NOT turn on track changes! Lordy, what a bunch of things to look at... still working through my R4 combining Chi's changes with mine, and I haven't even looked at bugleyman's.
:? I personally am starting to both like and depend on track changes. It's easier, at least for me, than trying to sift through a bunch of text on a forum post, if it's a lot of changes. A few of us have earned enough trust to work on things as-is, but ultimately I think track changes is the best way to show us (esp. you) exactly what was changed, in case there are still changes that are either incorrect or you don't agree upon, and you do still have the ultimate choice and say on the matter.
I like to point out spelling mistakes and post GIFs.
Adventure & Supplement Templates | Style Guide
My works on Showcase
bugleyman
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:31 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: CS2 The Pit

Post Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:09 am

Solomoriah wrote:... seriously, what is it with the rings of regeneration? Two so far. Wow.
I thought there were a few instances of the treasure being disproportionate, but I didn't call them out as such. That struck me as an editorial decision that went well beyond my goal of clearing up the language. :)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama
bugleyman
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:31 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: CS2 The Pit

Post Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:10 am

Solomoriah wrote:Okay, new rule: If you are going to make a pass through a document and correct punctuation and spacing, please DO NOT turn on track changes! Lordy, what a bunch of things to look at... still working through my R4 combining Chi's changes with mine, and I haven't even looked at bugleyman's.
Whoops, I didn't mean to break it! :P
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama
bugleyman
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:31 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: CS2 The Pit

Post Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:13 am

Solomoriah wrote:Question: Should we have a period after "ea" as in:

XP 550 ea

The edits I'm working through now are inconsistent. I like having the period, but I'm open to suggestions.
I second having the period; it's an abbreviation, after all.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama
bugleyman
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:31 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: CS2 The Pit

Post Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:13 am

chiisu81 wrote: I personally am starting to both like and depend on track changes. It's easier, at least for me, than trying to sift through a bunch of text on a forum post, if it's a lot of changes. A few of us have earned enough trust to work on things as-is, but ultimately I think track changes is the best way to show us (esp. you) exactly what was changed, in case there are still changes that are either incorrect or you don't agree upon, and you do still have the ultimate choice and say on the matter.
Seems logical to me, but I'll defer to the boss. ;-)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama
User avatar
chiisu81
Posts: 2241
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:05 pm

Re: CS2 The Pit

Post Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:40 am

CS5 re-uploaded with bugleyman's preferred credit.
I like to point out spelling mistakes and post GIFs.
Adventure & Supplement Templates | Style Guide
My works on Showcase
Post Reply