The Pit

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Blazeguard

Re: CS2 The Pit

Post by Blazeguard »

I've been AWOL for quite awhile but did appreciate the critiques I got on my entry and have been working on improvements. I've made some changes, improvements, etc. and was wondering if I could submit the new and improved replacement.

I would still appreciate any suggestions, comments, critiques as to how I could make it even better. One thing that's been bugging me is that the Armory Room (12) doesn't make sense being situated in the middle of the map. I'm thinking of swapping that room with the Prison Room (2). Does that make more sense?

Here's the new version.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
orobouros

Post by orobouros »

Page 20/21, there's two entries for "10" for a 1d12 roll for wandering monsters, it looks like.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Blazeguard: I'll check out your corrections and apply them for r8. I don't know if swapping those rooms would really make a big difference or not. Unless others weigh in for changing them I'll keep them as-is.

Orobouros: I'll correct that for r8.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Blazeguard: I'm working through your recent changes, but I'm gonna paste in my reply I made on the CS1 thread, as much of it applies to your edits as well:
Quozl: I have integrated the textual changes you posted in r15 that I've put back in the Projects folder for Solo. Note that I did not make the changes from your file relating to either magical items (which should be capitalized and bold) nor NPC/Human stat-blocks (title included before the colon, Save stat removed as it's indicated by the level at the beginning), among some other things (how treasure is written out, as well as monster names). These are things covered in the Style Guide, which has been recently updated. I also left the listed spells for Severin, as Solo requested it.
For your document, I have to ignore all your edits to the stat-blocks; you've deleted all of the non-breaking spaces Solo had put in, and you also deleted the XP values which are now standard. You've also deleted all of the boxed text?!

For all viewing this post/thread: please download the latest release of the Style Guide.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

r8 uploaded. File attachment is acting up, so there may be double attachments for awhile.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

r8 re-uploaded with a couple of Bruce's illustrations.
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

I saw in the project priorities that you still need more floors. I would be glad to help with that. What character level range should I aim for?
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I'll need to re-order the entries by pit level eventually. I actually re-uploaded r8 yet again, adding labels for those not marked (not necessarily correct).

I've put Mastermind as level 3 (even though the boxed text writes of fading sunlight its monsters don't match a level 1 dungeon, and The Arena is already level 1) and Creepy Crawler Colony as level 5.

With levels 1, 4, and 7 also covered, that leaves 2, 3, and 6 to choose from. Rather than editing the existing document please go ahead and use the template in my signature for your entry, and then attach your entry as an ODT to a new post here. Thanks!
quozl

Re: CS2 The Dark Temple

Post by quozl »

Has The Pit been cancelled?
chiisu81

Re: CS2 The Dark Temple

Post by chiisu81 »

Not cancelled, but ran out of steam and I got tired of talking to an empty room. ;)