The Pit

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: "The Pit" Adventure Contest Voting Thread

Post by Solomoriah »

Yes, wow, good showing! gorkowskij, please email me at solomoriah@basicfantasy.org with the email address (better yet, from the email address) to which you'd like your gift card sent.

Thanks to everyone who entered! I'll see about getting CS2 The Pit assembled in the next few weeks, and uploaded to the Downloads page for all to see.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

Great work to everyone who entered, and congratulations Gorkowskij!

I find it interesting that the last two contest winners have had a Thulid as the Big Bad. I wonder if that says something about this forum ;) .
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
gorkowskij

Post by gorkowskij »

Thanks, and I know I speak on behalf of all participants when I say thanks for running the forum and breathing life into the hobby.
Blazeguard

Re: "The Pit" Adventure Contest

Post by Blazeguard »

Now that the contest is over I would welcome any critiques/suggestions/etc on my entry. I didn't have a lot of time to pull it together and this is the first adventure that I've put together from scratch. I really have no idea if it's too easy or too hard or whatever so any input would be appreciated.

I love this idea and would love to see this expanded into a true megadungeon.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
gorkowskij

Re: "The Pit" Adventure Contest

Post by gorkowskij »

Blazeguard

I like the Dreaded Warrens, lots of room for the GM to personalize. But, I couldn’t find a unifying theme. What ties it all together? What’s the story behind that level of the pit? And, you have two great entry points to introduce or explain a theme. Encounter area 2 has “a rotting journal … at the feet of one of the skeletons.” What does that journal say and in what language? A clever clue at that point in the adventure could define a unifying theme. Another place to elaborate on the theme would be encounter area 10 where you mention glyphs. You leave it to the GM to decide what they mean, if anything, but it’s a great opportunity for you to tell the GM the theme of the adventure. One of my favorite examples of theme comes from White Plume Mountain (S2), a module from the 80s. In that adventure, a collector hires players to retrieve three stolen weapons, each with a distinct personality; that was way cool.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: CS2 The Pit

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, so I've combined everything together here, and posted ODT and PDF versions of the complete module in the first post of this thread. It's a long road to print for this one, but at least I'm finally getting it started.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Just uploaded R2 to the first post in the thread. Slowly but surely I'm hammering it into shape... even the best material needs proofreading and polishing.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

At the mention of an editing prospect, the elusive chi's ears perk up :D
Attachments
IHearMyCall.gif
IHearMyCall.gif (4.73 MiB) Viewed 6878 times
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm halfway through R3. If you don't mind waiting, let me upload that one before you start. Thanks!
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Couldn't resist :D
Attachments
YouKnowImKiddingRightSolo.gif
YouKnowImKiddingRightSolo.gif (1.06 MiB) Viewed 6748 times