Magical Item Compendium

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
borgar

Re: Magical Item Compendium

Post Tue May 28, 2019 2:28 pm

I was thinking of using the smaller items as something of a "get out of jail card" item for players to summon the smallest elementals (like spell I guess) on short notice (in combat).

In any case I started out thinking about an "icicle" item for cold and it somehow ended up as multiple gems on a necklace.

Ice - Glass icicle (I guess that's pretty much a rod but with a wide base it might not be a regular "handheld" item)
Lightning - Metal coil or coils, possibly with a crank to generate a charge (or perhaps we are moving into steampunk fantasy here)

I think pot (or vase) with soil makes sense for wood elementals and crucible seem a great choice for metal .
ThorinSchmidt

Post Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:43 am

The glass rod idea is a pretty good one. The reason i suggested a leyden jar is because it is a very primitive capacitor. So primitive that there is some evidence that a version of it existed in Mesopotamia. Anyway, what better way to contain a lightning elemental than with a capacitor? Although a glass rod with some wool is also a cool idea. But also easier to come by.
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" – Thorin
chiisu81

Post Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:25 am

chiisu81

Post Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:53 am

r7 uploaded to first post. Lots of little corrections, and title page art courtesy of Zaozabob. Haven't added the elemental-summoning items until they're finalized on this thread. I'm liking the crucible (metal) and leyden jar (lightning) the most so far.