Project Priorities

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: Project Priorities

Post by chiisu81 »

Grimfall hasn't been on since Dec 12. Do we wanna set a "soft deadline" before preparing for a new print release?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Probably. What sounds good to you?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Assuming he won't be back and there won't be any new artwork, perhaps 2 weeks for anyone else to submit error corrections and such?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Works for me.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

CS1: still quite a bit of re-writing to be done.

CS2: Solo is working on R3.

DC1: We'll be moving forward with R14 for a new print release candidate.

AA1: Solo is working on R18 and a new print release candidate will be forthcoming.

Field Guide: new print release now available! :D

Field Guide 2: lots of new entries being posted! Text-wise we may get close to or beat FG1. The major thing will then to start getting more artwork...

AA2: slowly gaining new adventures.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

CS1: Solo has gone through the first adventure and posted a new release.
DC1: several more corrections were made by Al and myself; a new release has been emailed to Solo.
AA1: Solo has posted R18; if everything looks good this will become the new print release.
BardHarlock

Post by BardHarlock »

I find myself with some extra time of late. As far as project priorities go, what can the general layperson do that would be of most help to BFRPG right now? Proofreading, creating adventures/modules, monsters, campaign fluff, maps...? Be as specific as you can.

For instance, "We're short about 30 monsters for a new monster book and we really need 1-3 HD and 12-14 HD critters.' Something like that.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

We're not big on fluff here. New adventure materials are always welcome, or if you want to do some proofing, Chi can direct you to whatever he feels needs another pair of eyes.

Around here, we mostly create what we like, and share it so others can benefit as well. When you are making something you enjoy, you do better work than when we tell you what to do... especially as we aren't exactly paying anyone to be here.

Welcome to the Project!
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

We always appreciate the help! 8-) I need to make a new post on this thread with updates on where things are for most things. We've got quite a few things nearing print release, some closer than others. And we have a few more that just need some additional content, and then can enter the "prep for print release candidate" pipeline.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Look at the stuff being discussed on the first few pages of the workshop forum and see what needs a review or playtesting. Playtest some works in progress and respond with criticism (the analysis and judgment of the merits and faults of a literary or artistic work). But don't bother doing that for stuff that is already completed since changes won't be incorporated by that point.

Many of the workshop threads are asking for specific help so read them and see what you can do. While its useful to start with the threads that are currently being prepped for completion, you'd be surprised how many projects have gone dormant but then have been kickstarted back to life by someone who takes an interest in it.