Project Priorities

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: Project Priorities

Post by chiisu81 »

Thanks for updating the JN2 cover :)

Field Guide has a few needed edits; it's enough to warrant a new release, but maybe not print release yet...

With JN3 (mostly) done now I know Strongholds of Sorcery is the next priority; would the next after that be AA2? I'm looking through Workshop and don't see anything else, besides maybe eventually more attention on The Great Desert, Ruby Mountain, and Villsvins Castle (not sure if you'd want any of those in AA2).
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Next priority is CS1 Castle by the Sea, because it is already so close to printable. I need to give it a close reading, and it wouldn't hurt for you and/or AlMan to go over it from a proofing standpoint.

I'm planning to put some effort into Villsvins Castle sometime soon. I have another, unannounced adventure that may go into AA2. I'd like to see AA2's page count come up close to AA1 before I cut off any new additions to it.

Villsvins Castle, Ruby Mountain, and Lost Pyramid are all too big for the Adventure Anthology Series. Villsvins Castle and Lost Pyramid might get packaged together as another installment of the Glain Campaign. That's off a ways though.

Ruby Mountain, if ever finished, can easily stand alone as a megadungeon module.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

I guess I have my orders now, on to CS1. :D
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

There are no orders here, Al. I'm grateful for all the volunteer assistance I receive on the project, and would never presume to tell you what to do.

Ask, on the other hand, is not beyond me. If you have time, please, take a look at CS1.

Chi is just used to me, I guess... :D
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Yes, yes I am. ;)

In Progress:

Castle by the Sea: new corrections by AlMan, we're close to print release! Will be taking another look at this the next few days.

DC1 Tales of the Laughing Dragon: a few more corrections found by me, new release and print release will be coming up.

AA1: issue with section header found by me, may warrant a new release and print release.

AA2: new one-shot by me submitted to Solo for inclusion. Page-count is starting to get closer to what's needed for a print release. Possible to include one or more of John Dutton's three adventures?

Strongholds of Sorcery: new material slowly but surely being added, will see print release one of these days. ;)

Field Guide: 2 issues with the Cadaver entry, may warrant a new release and print release.

Completed:

JN3 Saga of the Giants: new release and print release with corrections from AlMan!

Core Rules: new release and print release.

BF2 Fortress, Tomb, and Tower: new release and print release of 2nd Edition, incorporating numerous corrections from myself and others. :D

JN2 Monkey Isle: the last old cover style now converted to the new dark style, and like the others looks great!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Ack. I'm afraid my "surge" has wound down for the moment. I'll try to find some focus soon, but who knows how that will work out.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

No worries :) You always come back strong with the next surge 8-)

I'd edit DC1 myself, but doubt it'd be less work for you as you'd need to go through and approve/deny all the changes anyways.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

chiisu81 wrote:No worries :) You always come back strong with the next surge 8-)

I'd edit DC1 myself, but doubt it'd be less work for you as you'd need to go through and approve/deny all the changes anyways.
Chi, you misunderstand me. You are my trusted lieutenant, the veritable editing machine whose talents far outstrip my own. I do not need to approve your edits... you can do that.

If you are unclear about something you are editing, contact the author and clear it up (just as I would); if you are, on the other hand, pretty sure you know what you are doing, just do it.

I'd give you privileges on the Downloads page if it weren't such a challenge. I'm afraid it's not nearly as automated as it looks.

NOW. On to new things. I foresee a surge coming, possibly soon. Let us review the things that have seen activity since the last surge, and make a new priority list.

To start things off, here is the list you last posted (consisting only of the currently unfinished works), as amended by me:

In Progress:

Castle by the Sea: new corrections by AlMan, we're close to print release! Will be taking another look at this the next few days. I want to get on this one. It will be top priority for the next surge.

AA1: issue with section header found by me, may warrant a new release and print release. Given the number of issues found in that thread as well as the new artwork, I think a new print release is called for. This will be second priority for the next surge.

DC1 Tales of the Laughing Dragon: a few more corrections found by me, new release and print release will be coming up. Do we have enough changes for a print release? Are they significant enough to bump the edition?

AA2: new one-shot by me submitted to Solo for inclusion. Page-count is starting to get closer to what's needed for a print release. Possible to include one or more of John Dutton's three adventures? I'm cool with adding all of John's adventures if you like (and he is agreeable). Or if he has enough on his own to warrant a module (like DC1) we could do that instead. Need to get him into the conversation.

Strongholds of Sorcery: new material slowly but surely being added, will see print release one of these days. ;) It's a tragedy that I can't get this one finished. I will try to get at least a few more rooms into it soon.

Field Guide: 2 issues with the Cadaver entry, may warrant a new release and print release. Not doing a full new edition here, but an updated release would be okay.

Core Rules: Several issues have been discovered. Definitely not doing a new edition, but an updated release is looking likely.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Updated release for the Core Rules is now ready to be checked.

Woo hoo, making progress!
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Just noticed your posts to this thread. As always I'm quite flattered. :oops:

As noted on its thread I emailed you R27 for the Field Guide. There were a number of small corrections needed, it just needs some flow massaging at the end.

I will go ahead and work on the edits for DC1 and get that emailed to you. It's definitely enough needed corrections to warrant a new print release, but not edition.