Project Priorities

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Project Priorities

Post by Solomoriah »

This thread is for tracking the priorities for the various parts of the project. These are my priorities, and are not mandatory in any way (as if I could force anyone to do anything). From time to time, I'll update this first post as things get done or priorities shift. If you have comments about the priorities, please PM me and/or chiisu81.

These titles represent the 2nd Wave of CC releases:

BF2 Fortress, Tomb, and Tower - Solo is working on r23. All consents have been received except for Sidney Parham; I've identified his contribution, and it's old, from when the adventures were still being developed for Dragonsfoot, and relatively small and self-contained. If he suddenly turns up and challenges it, I can remove and rewrite that section, but I consider that unlikely.

JN1 The Chaotic Caves - J.D. Neal's consent is on file, and there are no other contributors identified as having rights in this one, indicating that it was licensed in the same way as the Core Rules. The print release candidate from October 2023 has already been disqualified; as soon as the higher priorities get updated, it gets fresh attention.

SP1 The Endless Tunnels of Enlandin - Stefan's consent is on file, and there are no other credited contributors. If we can finish this one as a CC release, it will be the first properly new thing under the new license. Solo is working on this (namely additional boxed text); map handouts need to be added to document and/or its Downloads entry.

New CC Releases:

Terror in Tosasth - waiting for an updated release from Solo

Chrysogon's Coterie - waiting for an updated release from Solo with added art
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Re: Project Priorities

Post by chiisu81 »

I'll have more time this week to work on more, so I can go through CS1 for another editing pass. I can see if I can try to contribute something to SoS, but I'll need to re-read it.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Updated the priorities, to wit:
BF2 Fortress, Tomb, and Tower has been awaiting my attention for some time now. The current R20 needs to be updated with Chi's suggestions and released as R21. My plan is to treat it as a print release candidate, so I'll spend extra time hammering on the layout.
This is now updated to print release candidate R21.

Looks like back covers are my top priorities right now.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Updated status of covers for BF2 and JN3.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Updated cover info for BF2 and JN3 again. I can't do Lulu wrap covers until I upload the text, since the spine thickness depends on the paper type. The math for CreateSpace is easier (only one type of paper) so I have those done.

I may go ahead and start the publishing process for JN3 early, so I can get those covers done. Errors found now are unlikely to change the page count, after all.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Since you're on a roll with covers, how about a dark version for JN2? ;)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Done.

JN2 is unavailable via Amazon.com right now, as usual when I update something. Lulu has the dark-covered JN2 right now.

I had updated to R18 on the website but never updated the print editions, so that has been done also. I did a quick flow check, and all seemed well; CreateSpace said their automatic interior check found no issues (and that rarely happens). So hopefully all is indeed well.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

... and at this rate, JN2 will be off of Amazon until tomorrow afternoon. I uploaded the wrong cover file, and won't be able to change it until they review (and likely reject) it.

Gah.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I've changed my mind about timing. There's a 25% off "flash sale" on Lulu.com starting tomorrow (code is FEBFLASH25). In the interest of saving everyone money (including me) I'm going to activate JN3 and the new BF2 revision right away. They've been extensively reviewed, after all, and Chi has signed off on all of them, so I'm going forward. With JN2 already active, I should be able to get my copies at a nice discount, and so should everyone else who has been waiting for these.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Got some things done:
JN3 Saga of the Giants is print-ready unless some issues are found before the weekend. Front and back covers are done, as well as CreateSpace wrap covers, but I still need to put wrap covers together for Lulu; I can't do that until I begin the publishing process.

BF2 Fortress, Tomb, and Tower is updated more or less per Chi's suggestions and is the new print release candidate at R21. If no issues are found before the weekend, I'll update the print versions. Front and back covers are done, as well as CreateSpace wrap covers, but I still need to put wrap covers together for Lulu; I can't do that until I begin the publishing process.