Project Priorities

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Project Priorities

Post by Solomoriah »

Yes, that! If you find a project that has faded somewhat, but which interests YOU, you may be able to get it going again... just give it a little love, submit revisions or additions or whatever, and you may be surprised at the response.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Strongholds of Sorcery: I've sent R32 to Solo. Al has volunteered to submit more artwork! We're getting close! :D

CS1: Solo has worked on a few more re-writes, but we still have a ways to go. I may print this out and go to town with the red pen. ;)

CS2: quite a bit of editing has gone into this. Both Dawnivia and myself have volunteered to submit an entry. Now that my work on the others has calmed down for a moment, I may be able to start on mine soon...

DC1: R18 is the current print release candidate. I haven't found anything needing fixing, unless someone else does I think it's ready for print!

AA2: I've done quite a bit of work, as well as added two more adventures. Solo has worked a lot on the styling and formatting. A new release should be coming soon. The maps for Wulfric's Tomb still need to be re-done.

Field Guide: Solo is going through the entries and re-writing those that need to be.

Field Guide 2: based on the work Solo is doing for FG1 I've gone through FG2 and re-wrote many of the entries. It may not be up to his standards still, but hopefully it's an improvement. We're still accepting entries, but we're getting close to a cut-off. It will definitely need more artwork, but I want the above works to have priority on that.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Here's an update to what I want to get done:

BF3 Strongholds of Sorcery is very close to a print release candidate. I intend to get the last of the art into it this week.

Core Rules French Translation is undergoing a layout pass. This is no small thing, but I do intend to get it done in the next month or two; a print release candidate around Halloween is my goal.

Core Rules German Translation needs me to finish my layout pass, but honestly the layout needs more work than the French version; I think it's a LibreOffice issue of some sort, which I hope to work out before Thanksgiving (i.e. end of November).

The Spanish translation is still in the hands of the translators, and so is not on my radar right now. Also, getting the Italian translation ready to print will require the aid of one or more native Italian readers to do some reviewing for me.

CS1 Castle by the Sea is pretty well along, but I still need to playtest one of the adventures, and then make another editing and layout pass over the whole thing to bring it all together. I hope to work on this soon. My goal is to have CS1 in print by July of 2018 (i.e. the next Quincon I'll be appearing at).

FG2 Field Guide 2 and AA2 Adventure Anthology 2 are projects I expect to get to next year. I know that both just closed to new submissions, but both need a bunch of editing and layout before they are ready for Prime Time. However, I will note that whenever Chi wants me to, I'll be happy to post them on the Downloads page, as both are substantially complete, usable, and on the print release track.

CS2 The Pit is not on my radar right now, since we're waiting for two more submissions. We'll see where it is next year, after FG2 and AA2 are further along.

My FG1 revision pass is still ongoing. I hope to have a new, better FG1 ready for print release about the same time that FG2 is in that condition.

Summary: BF3 right now, French and German translations next, CS1, then finally FG2 and AA2. Chi, I'm expecting that you'll work on those last two yourself prior to my involvement, but feel free to discuss either with me at any time.

What have I missed, guys?
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Sounds good. 8-) AA2 is already on the Downloads page. FG2 will need a little more work after this Saturday's submission deadline before being ready for the Downloads page, but it won't be long. :D Also DC1 R18 looks to be ready for print, at your convenience.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'll try to get it out today.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

DC1 R18 is now the print version on Lulu.com, and is in review on CreateSpace.com.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

And yes, I updated the Downloads page... :D
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I just activated DC1 on CreateSpace; the usual delay of a few days may ensue before R18 is the shipping release.

Lulu is just nicer in this respect, but of course they don't sell as much stuff for us as Amazon does.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Thanks! 8-)
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Will update this soon; but I'm locking it as I want only mods and Solo to have posts on this thread.