The Road Ahead Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Wolf_Zuzu

The Road Ahead Supplement

Post by Wolf_Zuzu »

Hello Everyone, Name's Nikita, but you can call me Nikki.

For almost two months, I've been running a game of Basic Fantasy, similar to the idea of West Marches,(If you don't know the concept, west marches is a game where each week the party is composed of different players and characters, sometimes with returning cast as they go on single adventures, that are all connected by the same world and system.) and so I decided to show you some of my supplementary rules for what I've been using. This Supplement uses a lot of Sub-classes and Quasi Classes, that are not in the actual paper, but assumed to be used in play. Anything goes really and this allows a flexible, yet fun experience for a lot of people.

I run this game on Roll20 and it's been so good that I contacted Solomoriah and asked what he though of it. His repsonse was: Join the community and show it off here! So, that's what I'm doing. I'm looking for some feedback, you are free to use this if you want. If you guys feel like adding some of your own stuff, please I'd love to see it.

Anyway, Enjoy.

I currently have 16 Players in the game and they are all loving it. Below, I will share a journal from one of the players, who is playing a Samurai, Hisato (May he rest in peace):
"It has been a long way, my clothes dusty and a sword without purpose...
He told me to write down my thoughts, Harutomo my old master i may not be a good writer but maybe all of this will make up for a real story some day.
Another day worth of travel lies in front of me before i arrive at this little town called Skatefall. Camped at the side of the road heading there and listening to
The wolves howling through the whole night it was a sound of grieve and prey, peaceful and envoking fear at the same time... a true predator, a warrior to look up to. but for now its time to rest...

...It is still the same cold night and a disturbing thing happened. A figure strawling through the night ... a dark knight ... first i just heard a deep humming sound but after i threw a look on the street i saw a Knight in black armor and at his sight every muscle in my body froze i couldnt even lift my sword it felt like my deepest fears were forced to the surface no fight in me as the stranger passed along...
"
Attachments
The Road Ahead Supplementary Rules Workshop.docx
(30.99 KiB) Downloaded 461 times
Dustinian

Re: The Road Ahead Supplement

Post by Dustinian »

Welcome, Wolf_Zuzu! A first post with an attachment is always a very welcome first post! Nice house rules!
Dustinian
Wolf_Zuzu

Re: The Road Ahead Supplement

Post by Wolf_Zuzu »

Dustinian wrote:Welcome, Wolf_Zuzu! A first post with an attachment is always a very welcome first post! Nice house rules!
Thank you Dustinian

I focused a lot on mechanics, just like BF does, but yeah it's designed to run a big group campaign without having to have everyone, every time you play. Perfect for a gigantic community in shops and other such clubs)