New Character Sheets!

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Babarock

New Character Sheets!

Post by Babarock »

I'm new to the game and new to the forum, but I'de like to announce the first draft of a new character sheet I've compiled. I know there's a lot on the site already, but none of them hit all the buttons I was hoping for. I've always been a fan of art and framing in a character sheet, ever since I used to doodle on my sheets during sessions, and in-between, back in the late 80's. I also am not excited about stacks of paper representing needed charts and figures and backstory to sort through during game play, so I set out to design something with a little of everything, without a lot of unneeded space, designed for print on a single sheet of paper.

I've mashed together some artwork from other pages, but 3/4 of the art here is my own. I do not play with 'encumbrance', so weight and movement is minimally represented, sorry. I also do not let my games get bogged down with ridiculous spending conversions and only play with gold pieces, so the wealth section is also sparse. One of the things I really felt was missing on most sheets was a way to have special abilities on display right in front of you during play (thief abilities, cleric turning charts, etc). So, I put an empty grid across the bottom for this purpose, which seems to work rather well.

My favorite character sheet on the site is the one by Phil Morris, so I started with that layout and moved on from there. I say this is a 'first draft' as I'm sure there will be revisions before final release. Let me know whats missing/misrepresented/inappropriate and I will make modifications here on this thread. Also, if you'd like any customization for your game specifically, I will try to post here a version for you as well!

Image SIDE 1
Image SIDE 2
SmootRK

Re: New Character Sheets!

Post by SmootRK »

Very nice. 8-)
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Togo Galthus

Post by Togo Galthus »

It is definitely one of the best looking character sheets I've ever seen.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Nicely done!
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Babarock

Post by Babarock »

Thanks guys! So far 100% positive feedback. Anything missing? We are playtesting them in-game and rolling up lots of NPC's to look for any improvements. They need to cover a wide range of playing styles to be universally applicable. Maybe down the road I can release a version customized to each major character class/race. That gets a little heavy, though. This is simple.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Well done !

Only thing, I think the font used for "level" should be one used in the rest of the sheet, not a new one used only for that.
The Angry Monk

Post by The Angry Monk »

Love them. Thanks for sharing!
“It was written I should be loyal to the nightmare of my choice.”
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Here are both sheets combined in a .pdf file for those that prefer to work with those files.
Attachments
sheets combined.pdf
(840.42 KiB) Downloaded 420 times
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Babarock

Post by Babarock »

Nice. Thanks Demirag. I uploaded these as JPGs because I don't know how to attach a PDF here on the forum yet. And thank you mTeasdale for your observation. I will make the change.
The Angry Monk

Post by The Angry Monk »

Babarock wrote:Nice. Thanks Demirag. I uploaded these as JPGs because I don't know how to attach a PDF here on the forum yet. And thank you mTeasdale for your observation. I will make the change.
Thanks for the PDFs. I love all the detail of the page. Babarock, did you draw all of this?
One little quibble...the list of abilities scores and abilities. Some of the ability scores are on the right instead of the left. I would have all the ability scores in the left box and all the bonuses on the right. I may try to alter the arrangement myself.
“It was written I should be loyal to the nightmare of my choice.”