The Lingering Keep

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Dustinian

Re: The Lingering Keep

Post by Dustinian »

OK, I moved your post to the King of the Autumn's Harvest thread, and I left a longer reply there. Thanks again!
Dustinian
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

We should combine both modules into one work, properly formatted. The result would probably be around 18 to 20 pages long... one more related mini-module (or some expansion of what already exists) and we might get it up to printing size.

Some editing is needed, besides standardizing the formatting, but those are minor things.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Babarock

Post by Babarock »

WELP! There is is, D. The decree has fallen from on high. We are hereby green-lit to ready the 2 part adventure for publication. Whoo-hoo!

Sounds good to me. Thanks, Chris, for checking in!

Dustinian, I manage a small print shop and have already started assembling the 'Kings Harvest' for signature printing complete with a card stock color cover (old-school style) and a mid-book card stock insert for removal and cutting (which will have the map, minis and cards on it). Just for fun, huh? I'd love to send you one when we get it all pounded together. You too, Chris, if your interested.
Dustinian

Post by Dustinian »

Solomoriah wrote:We should combine both modules into one work, properly formatted. The result would probably be around 18 to 20 pages long... one more related mini-module (or some expansion of what already exists) and we might get it up to printing size.
I actually have two additional adventures planned: One that takes place between the two adventures that I have fairly comprehensive notes on, and one that takes place after "The Lingering Keep" that I only have a vague idea about... I really want the PCs to use those ballistas (ballistae?) in the keep to defend Autumnpeak's harbor! I'd love to roll them all into one once complete. I'd love to see an Autumnpeak supplement in print!
Dustinian
Dustinian

Post by Dustinian »

Whoops, I replied to Chris before I saw your reply, Babarock! I'd insist on paying you for it, but a printed copy sounds like a lot of fun once complete! I still need to sit down and go through the .ODT you uploaded and make my revisions. Lord knows when I'll have time to do that. I'm very busy at work on a new project, and very busy at home with a 3.5 year old! If you wanted to make your revisions first, I'll tag onto that. I'm off to the "King of the Autumn's Harvest" thread to reply to you from this morning!
Dustinian
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Babarock, I understand your interest in printing the adventure, but please discuss all such plans with me before going forward. If we get art from other artists, I have to have all ducks in the correct queues to print copies any other way than by our usual print-on-demand vendors.

Dustinian, there's no hurry. Just put it up here as you get it done.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Babarock

Post by Babarock »

I completely understand both of you, gentlemen. I was only suggesting a fun, finished and clean copy for my own personal library and offering one for the originator and the author. Nothing more grandiose. I too am a father and independent businessman and have stolen time to work on this project, which I've really enjoyed doing. Being self employed, I reserve the right to do so from time to time, but can never guarantee deadlines on a job that, ultimately, amounts to a free end product. There is no hurry on any of these matters. I'll be shooting things out constantly. I'm enjoying the community and the reigniting of an old creative passion, as well as connecting with my kids in a fun and imaginative new way. My intent is not to sell anything built on a system that is, by definition, open source, but to contribute to the cause.