Collaborative Setting - Outline Thread

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
arcbolt21

Re: Collaborative Setting - Outline Thread

Post by arcbolt21 »

I thought so. Still, very good new kingdom.

My next one is going to be the crumbling shell of an old human empire that refuses to fall.
Dreamakuma

Post by Dreamakuma »

Timorian - Continued

Major settlements

Capital - Buion
The Capital City is home to several shops selling odd goods. Some just unusual, some on the edge of macabre. Castle Effroy is seated in the middle of a great moat at the center of the town.
Brothels, taverns, and legal slave trade operate at night.
There is a district, called the 'litter alley' by locals. Filled with the poor, the sick, and the dying. Garbage is strewn about the streets here, and disease runs rampant here. the few healthy children here are often later sold into slavery.

The village of Mortus
The quaint village of Mortus is filled with potential growth, except a black dragon constantly attacks it year round. Thus businesses, families, and even buildings, often change with little notice. A person can visit this village twice in a year and see two different towns. The reason for staying is a natural reserve of gold that is found in the nearby river Eslos. The village holds a dark secret however. The entire village was built upon a temple for a long forgotten death god.

Sorry for my slow updates, I have been sick recently while swarmed with work. I hope to clear up time soon.
Never stop dreaming, the imagination is the greatest gift we have.
Longman

Post by Longman »

RECAP:

Kingdom of Knockannan - human kingdom with an elvish border to the south, powerful female clerics, has an age-old political division and is about to spill into civil war.

Kingdom of Aelvthyr (Elf Home) - Knockannan is to the north of this. Has a magical university. Mention of the triple alliance (also including dwarves?).

Timorian - unusual country, settled marshland, very mixed population. Ruled by a black dragon. I think this should have a border with the dwarf kingdom, below.

Thalfrahhen - dwarf kingdom. Windstorm mountains.

Most posters have followed my initial format to some degree - population, capital, status, main industries, land divisions. 'Ruler' has also been added. And 'Geography' as well. Both of these are good ideas.

Can I suggest:

Name
Population
Capital
Ruler's Name
Geography
Status
Land Divisions
Main Industries
Overview of Interesting Features (universities, clerical orders, types of magic user, etc)
Sites of Note (towns, wilderness areas, etc)

No need to do any main editing yet, but we need some consistency when we come to do redrafts of material.

I am going to work on my clerical order. And some sites of interest in my kingdom. I am assuming the elf kingdom is in woods to the south of me, that's all so far.
Dreamakuma

Post by Dreamakuma »

Name: Okaranos
Population
40% Human
20% Dwarf
15% Halfling
25% Other

Capital: Winsong
A Capitol set along the ocean in the south. The ports are always open, and trade is free flowing. One could find anything if they dig hard enough. Bounties are abundant, and a criminal element stalks the city at night. Many guilds have a foothold here. On occasion, these factions war out onto the streets.

Ruler's Name: There is a consul of 9 lords that decide on what laws carry across the land. Each lord is an anonymous entity. If a lord passes on, then another is selected.

Geography: Okaranos is in the far southeast. A great plain stretches across the north of the country that is filled with abundant farmland. To the south is the Ganaki Ocean, with great fishing. The Okaranians are a healthy and prosperous people. Okaranos' army & navy is well stocked with people and weapons although the region has seen little warfare in the last 50 years.

Status: The country has been in a state of great peace. Trade is free flowing and the general populace is peaceful and happy. Few countries wish to war with Okaranos, as they will make deals with nearly anyone for goods.

Land Divisions: Elven Forests to the north, a dwarven territory to the west.

Main Industries: Fishing, Farming, and Trade(Import/Export). The diversity is so great, many smaller industries are abound however.

Overview of Interesting Features (universities, clerical orders, types of magic user, etc): Many guilds are scattered about in Okaranos. Some are listed below.
Madgarde: An adventurer's guild that sends out quests for guildmates to gather glory and treasure.
The Interfectorem: A league of assassins that glad will do a job for the coin. However they have a sense of honor and duty. The Interfectorem isn't a group of goons and the price is high.
Shadokin: A crime syndicate comprised of theives, cultists, and cutthroats. It's rumored the organization is lead by a contingent of liches trying to awaken a great demon to bring ruin to the world.

Nearly every denomination of clergy is in Okaranos as well as many schools of magic. One could learn anything if only for the coin.

Sites of Note (towns, wilderness areas, etc)
The city of Denak: The second largest city in Okaranos, Denak is a great marketplace. Farmers bring goods to the center of town and feasts are held until nightfall on a regular basis. However a Curfew is in place. Doors are locked and no one is to go out at night. Many have heard the howls, but few have seen the wolves that roam at night.

The Genaki Ocean: Ships come and go from ports with goods. This can lead to pirates. Many creatures fill the waters as well, making these waters perilous.

I liked the format Longman. Thanks dude.
Never stop dreaming, the imagination is the greatest gift we have.
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

Yeah, the location for Aelvthyr works just fine. I'll be posting up an unusual crumbling empire here tonight. As for the Triple Alliance, that was just a little blurb. I like the idea of one thread connecting the kingdoms together and a few small hooks of adventure in the blurbs.
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

The Most Glorious Empire of Dajuumnub

65% Human
10% Halfling
10% Half-Orc
5% Anubian
10% Other

Capital - Tjekuis. Once just a provincial capital, Tjekuis is the last proper city still ruled by the pharaohs. Known as the City of the Obelisk, it's centerpiece is tge Obelisk of Promise which was erected 20 years earlier by Pharaoh Obentak Sobakar and inscribed with the promise that the Empire shall return to glory.

Ruler - Pharaoh Mentawyr Sobakar, the son of the former pharaoh. Young and ambitious, he has organized the Hedjakyrakos as the official organization for the reclamation of the past. So far several tombs have been opened and a large influx of artifacts and wealth been rediscovered and the pharaoh is becoming richer by the day it seems.

Status - Though the pharaoh claims the empire is on the rebound and will soon take hold of all of the land once more soon, it still lingers on the brink from generations of civil wars, foreign wars, monstrous invasions, strife, plague and catastrophe.

Land Divisions - The Bay of Umaris to the north, the Desert of Ekusala south past the river delta and is supported by the Nener River that flows forth from the Thiisen River farther to the south.

Main Industries - Primarily grain production but a growing trade in both legal and black market artifacts.

Overview - The Priesthood - There exists a large priesthood of clerics for the many gods and pharaohs that have come and passed. However, the three most prominent faiths are for Nenerfre the Goddess of the River Nener, Ruta the King God, and Setshai the Warrior God. However a small number of adherents of the Foreign Gods can be found in the capital.
- The Tadaket - The personal guard to the Pharaoh. Each was a child taken at birth from their parents and raised to be a member of the guard.
- The Hedjakyrakos - The officially sanction order of adventurers tasked with seeking out and reclaiming the artifacts of the Empire. Foreigners are allowed to join.

Sites - Khahan Fortress is the last point of civilized Dajuumnub. It keeps a steady supply for the members of the Hedjakyrakos and the point they must give their share of all treasures and artifacts.
- Legends speak of two lost capitals of the Empire: Wakati and Renathorak. Details remain sketchy but one is said to have been taken by the desert and the other by strange monsters.
- Perhaps the most notorious of the many tombs are the pyramids. Built over the course of hundreds of years, the land is practically littered with them, though many remain lost and hidden.
Last edited by arcbolt21 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mint

Post by Mint »

Of note: The dwarven kingdom is far too reclusive to go into any formal alliances with any other kingdom. A foreign kingdom might earn the friendship of the King. This friendship is a pragmatic and not normative thing however. The king is honorable and would stand steadfastly by any friends but anyone who would break friendship with the king can count on him being a sudden enemy.
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

Name - The City of Blackwall

Population - 50% Human, 15% Halfling, 10% Dwarf, 10% Half-Elf, 5% Half-Orc, 5% Elf, 5% Other

Capital - Blackwall City

Ruler's Name - Lord Mayor and Protector of the Walls Alekszander Falconshield

Geography - The city sits upon the confluence of the Vyna and Blue Rivers. Surrounded by small hills and farms, the city's influence is exerted up to the foothills of the Windstorm Mountains and towards the Flying Fish River.

Status - A relatively new city on the map, Blackwalls has established itself as a haven for people of all stripes and a neutral ground for parties to meet on. It's dominance of the Blue and Vyna rivers has ensured steady trade and growth.

Land Divisions - Borders Thalfrahen, the River of Flying Fish, the Elven colony of Jaenala and the Halfling Burroughs are south of it.

Main Industries - Tradegoods both finished and unrefined, as well as some farming and other goods.

Overview - The Blackwall Knights - Highly trained merchant guardsman.

The Blackwall Guilds

The Eleven Noble Houses

Sites of Note - Castle Blackwalls was abandoned by the Lord Mayors after a battle between an invading army, several magic users and a cleric blighted it. Rumors persist that monsters and treasures inhabit it now.

The Village of Vyna - A wholly Half-Human colony, the peoples are accepting of 'star-crossed lovers' but has also become a small dumping ground for Blackwalls noble's illegitimate love-children.

The Howling Caves - Dark horrors and worse inhabit this cave network, a constant thorn in Blackwall's side.
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

Anyone want to hop in and make another realm? Or a region of wilderness?
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

I was thinking about it and should we allow the races presented in the New Races Supplement (Canein, Phaerim, etc.).