Collaborative Setting - Outline Thread

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Dreamakuma

Re: Collaborative Setting - Outline Thread

Post by Dreamakuma »

I'll have it ready Saturday night. I'm still being worked to the bone. Can you give me an idea of your kingdom/country name? So I won't have to leave it blank.
I'll be the Orc land of Gragnoss.
Never stop dreaming, the imagination is the greatest gift we have.
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

Dreamakuma wrote:I'll have it ready Saturday night. I'm still being worked to the bone. Can you give me an idea of your kingdom/country name? So I won't have to leave it blank.
I'll be the Orc land of Gragnoss.
I'll make mine the human Kingdom of Senezka
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

I'll be adding the countries from my adventure here, I think, if no one has an issue with that. It's only four small and fairly minor ones.

Also, setting name ideas?
Longman

Post by Longman »

RECAP 2 -

Kingdom of Knockannan - human kingdom with an elvish border to the south, powerful female clerics, has an age-old political division and is about to spill into civil war.

Kingdom of Aelvthyr (Elf Home) - Knockannan is to the north of this. Has a magical university. Mention of the triple alliance (also including dwarves?).

Timorian - unusual country, settled marshland, very mixed population. Ruled by a black dragon. I think this should have a border with the dwarf kingdom, below.

Thalfrahhen - dwarf kingdom. Windstorm mountains.

Okaranos, far southeast, mixed population.
The Genaki Ocean - south of there, with pirates. Yay.

The Most Glorious Empire of Dajuumnub - egypy like setting, I am presuming in the south.

The City of Blackwall - a city state on 2 main rivers.

Grax - underground

Can you all hold off for a day? I am going to work up a campaign map sketch to fit this all in. Once we have things in place - and if everyone agrees - it will be much easier to get other things moving. Like, adventure sites, wars, history, and the ultimate format for each country.
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

Will do, Longman! Eagerly awaiting the map!
Longman

Post by Longman »

world map attempt 1.JPG
world map attempt 1.JPG (1.72 MiB) Viewed 7010 times
OK here is the giant ass map file 4000x3200. Hope you can read the print.

I think I have accommodated most of what you guys had written.

In terms of scale, each hex is 100 miles across. That means the map is about 3200 miles from top to bottom. That is about the distance from the bottom of the arctic circle in Finland, to the middle of the Sahara in Libya. That means, based on an earth like geography, that the bottom of our map is about the northern tropic, and the top sections are at the bottom of our arctic circle.

It is pretty obviously a version of Europe and I'm OK with that. It means the Windstorm mountains are function as the Urals, separating our continent from the eastern side, which can be on another map, if we ever get that far.

To the south is the Egypt like area of Dajuumnub, with possibility for more kingdoms on the north shore of that continent, and also piracy in the Ganaki Ocean which was mentioned by one poster.

Jaenala is a sylvan area with wood elves - the need for this was mentioned in several kingdoms. There were also numerous calls for a halfling homeland, which was called The Borroughs. I have put that in the same Sylvan / hilly area. That area of the map has gotten complex and interesting. I think there needs to be an orc area somewhere in there too, perhaps to the north, to account for all the half orcs people want in their population profiles.

Some more ordinary (less mixed) kingdoms would be useful. I think the dwarf homeland is now fixed, and the high elf homeland homeland also. Any takers for gnomes? I am not averse to the other races mentioned.

Incidentally, I only put vegetation on there where it seemed important. This doesn't mean the rest is all plains. Feel me?
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

Name: Kingdom of Senezka

Population:
90% Human
4% Halfling
6% Other

Capital: Ostrova
A mighty citadel of a city, Ostrova has been besieged numerous times by the orcs of Gragnoss to it's Northeast. With three layers of city wall, Ostrova has yet to fall even as it's country has been slowly ravaged.

Ruler's Name: Queen-Dowager Lenka, acting in the name of her young son Prince (soon to be King) Jarmil, who will be assuming his position to rule in a little over a year.

Geography: Rugged hills with large areas that once were forested but have been reduced to just a small wood near it's border with the mountains of it's southwest.

Status: Once a truly prosperous kingdom, Senezka was poised to be perhaps the cultural center of the continent. But then the warbands of orcs who came to be known as Gragnoss swept in. Overran, the peoples rallied at the capital and successfully drove the orcs out but at great loss of life. With the constant threats, raids and near-yearly sieges made by the orcs, the Senezkans have become perhaps the most martial kingdom in the land, it's soldierly and knightly ranks filled to the brim with soldiers eager to drive back the menace. But with a small and dwindling population, the Queen and the Prince may need to call for any civilized states nearby to help force out the Orcs.

Main Industries: Farming but is dominated by the arms and armor industry as the people maintain a high war-readiness state.

Overview of Interesting Features: The Grand Border Fort stands as a strong forward base against the Orc hordes. However the most recent siege upon has weakened the walls and supplies from the capital to repair it have been slow, prompting some to call for it's abandonment.

A small tirbe of Canein known as the Pack of the Red Hound live in the capital. Brave Canein of the kingdom have formed their own knightly order and are stationed in the capital, though their number is very small (only about 20 knights).

Sites of Note: The Grand Border Fort, described above.

Mount Jestad, a smaller mountain but one from which much of the iron needed for the Senezkan war-machine is pulled from. However supplies from it have been lacking recently, though the Queen-Dowager is quick to state that it was just a small portion of the mine that collapsed and normal mining will resume once cleared.
Dreamakuma

Post by Dreamakuma »

Sorry I've been gone. Been more than a bit sick and away from my computer.
I apologize. I should have some stuff done soon now that I'm home again.
arcbolt21

Post by arcbolt21 »

Dreamakuma wrote:Sorry I've been gone. Been more than a bit sick and away from my computer.
I apologize. I should have some stuff done soon now that I'm home again.
As long as you're healthy, Dream.
Dreamakuma

Post by Dreamakuma »

Longman, That map is EPIC!
Arcbolt, I put the orc Gragnoss tribe within your territory. I hope you don't mind, if you dislike it, feel free to have it taken out.

The savage tribe of Gragnoss
Population
75% Orc/Half-orc
15% Hobgoblin
10% Ogre/Troll

Gragnoss is a roaming band of Orcish, barbaric, warmongers. Currently roaming just a day's travel southwest from the walls of Ostrova. In these mountain ranges, the tribe has set up camp until they have plundered all they can.

Capitol: The encampment is simply called the ulfblood. It's a series of caves that have become both a pivotal base as well as a primal barracks of sorts. Those who travel up to those mountains are visited by arrows from above before the hordes rain down.

Ruler's Name: The great hoard of Gragnoss was formerly ruled only by a full blooded orc. That has changed. The half orc Dakgu was cunning in killing and taking the crown. His rage is only surpassed by his intellect. There lies a dark secret within him; his parentage. Queen-Dowager Lenka is his mother! Making Prince Jarmil his younger half brother. His exile from birth fueled his thirst for conquest and revenge.

Status: The hoard grows more bold to burn the land down and either rebuild, or move onto the next land.

Main industries: Weapon-forging and plundering.