BF-Healer

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Dimirag

BF-Healer

Post by Dimirag »

Based on this thread I made a Healer sub-class.

You can find the files on the Showcase
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
wwwwwww

Re: BF-Healer

Post by wwwwwww »

Dimirag wrote:Based on this thread I made a Healer sub-class.

You can find the files on the Showcase
Dimirag, curious why you chose Raise Dead (which we already talked about) over Restoration?

I'm warming to the idea of Raise Dead, but Restoration seems more fitting to the character. Just wondering what your thoughts were on that...
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Well done ! Three things I would change :

1. I think it's not clear if they use the same spells/day table of magic users of the same level. I think seeing the table in the document would help clears that.

2. (page 2) Below are listed spells available to the Illusionist subclass described above

3. I think putting 1,2,3 instead of 1-2,3-4,5-6 next to the spell list would make it looks a bit more like the standard BFRPG spells list. (Core rules, druid, illusionist and necromancer supplements...)
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

I chose Raise Dead because it deals with restoring health in the ultimate way. It also allows to have a character that can resurrect characters that is not the cleric. But being such a powerful spell I decided to move it to level 6.

I do not chose Restoration as it seems to work more in a spiritual rather than physical way. As I did not wanted to have an irregular quantity of spells at each spell level I had to decide between Restoration and Regeneration, and the later seemed more in line with magical healing.
mTeasdale wrote:1. I think it's not clear if they use the same spells/day table of magic users of the same level. I think seeing the table in the document would help clears that.
The file says that they are treated as Magic Users in every aspect unless the supplement tells otherwise, so, not giving a Spell Table means that they use the one from the Magic-User, it also says that they do magic pretty much like other Magic-User except for the spell list, which means that preparation, learning costs, spells per day, etc, are unchanged unless the files says another ruling.
mTeasdale wrote:2. (page 2) Below are listed spells available to the Illusionist subclass described above
Changing that to R3
mTeasdale wrote:3. I think putting 1,2,3 instead of 1-2,3-4,5-6 next to the spell list would make it looks a bit more like the standard BFRPG spells list. (Core rules, druid, illusionist and necromancer supplements...)
The numbers are to select randomly the spell with a single d6 roll, and I prefer to tell to roll a d6 rather than a d3.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/